Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 QUICK HELP- Bowtech mod & draw stop chart? >

QUICK HELP- Bowtech mod & draw stop chart?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QUICK HELP- Bowtech mod & draw stop chart?

Old 03-25-2006, 12:09 AM

Default RE: QUICK HELP- Bowtech mod & draw stop chart?

,,,,,,,, I'm sure Remove from box, install stuff you like, adjust where you think, nock arrow and shoot Simple.

[/align]
Old 03-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds simple enough, but will I get 80% let-off with a drop away if I don't twist anything?

Iforgot to mention that the Drop zone was originally installed for a 28" draw. When we swapped mods and then tried to lower the drop zone out of the way it was still coming up to full height during the draw stroke.
Since the 29" modules feed out more string than the 28" modules, is/was this causing the cables to travel more as well?

When we lowered the drop zone there was a difference in full draw feel, but still no where near 80% let-off.

I'm begining to consider NAP's new 360 for my next rest- these bows don't jump, so holding them true during the shot shouldn't be as hard as it used to be on the older models that had some kick.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: DaveC

I found it on AT in some guys signature.

NOW my shop has the chart[>:]..

Thx for the help....
That would be me and now you can find it in my sig here
Old 03-25-2006, 11:45 AM

There she goes
Old 03-25-2006, 12:47 PM

my consti doesn't have the holes, and the tooling hole shouldn't be cut in half. that may be '05 info you're posting for it with the old, large cams.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Start By making sure you have the bows A to A to specs and the brace Height to specs.
If you go with the Tribute 29 " the post setting will be 3.4
If you go with the Tribute 28 " the post setting will be 4.3
When installing a dropaway rest with a cord that attaches to the the down cable or the cable slide you will need to a add to twists to your up cable to restore the bow to 80 % Letoff ... if you dont add the 2 twists the bow will not be at 80 % letoff..... My 2006 Equalizercame in on The Easton Bow Force Mapper at 71 % letoff when we put on the GKF Infinity Dropaway rest and attached it to the cable slide....before adding the 2 twists ...then we put in 2 twists and ...80 % letoff was achievedWe also made sure the dropaway rest came up in the last 1/2 of the draw cycle.... and she is shooting great!!
Old 03-25-2006, 05:53 PM

ORIGINAL: gibblet

my consti doesn't have the holes, and the tooling hole shouldn't be cut in half. that may be '05 info you're posting for it with the old, large cams.
The info on cam timing came from another source and was verifed by bowtech the 05 cams didnt have the dots on the cam
Old 03-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

eugene1e-Your chart doesn'tspecify 80 or 65%, I assume it's 80?
Thanks for taking the time to post the info though, Lord forbid Bowtech put this info on their website or provide their new dealers with it.

Ladyforge- thanks for the help, your reply is what I'm looking for.
We had the ATA spot on, but the brace was off only because the cams wetren't timed right IMHO. If we could have gotten the cams turned back to pretwist staus I'm sure the brace would have been on.

So you were able to achieve fletching clearance utilizing the cable slide?
That's great to hear and would allow me to really tweak back and forth between different rest with out having to serve and reserve.

And when you say add twist to the up cable (please bear with me[&:]) your adding the twist to the cable on the outer edge of the top cam? (not the cable near the axle).

I've been fooling with solocams since ~1995 and this 2 cam tuning is new to me- I'm eager to learn it, but have to start somewhere.

All this talk of tuning binaries was just killing me, I had to go try & get myself "inside" the loop[8D]
Old 03-26-2006, 07:51 AM

ORIGINAL: DaveC

eugene1e-Your chart doesn'tspecify 80 or 65%, I assume it's 80?
Thanks for taking the time to post the info though, Lord forbid Bowtech put this info on their website or provide their new dealers with it.
yes it is 80% and all dealers should have got this but not all did I had to get the info from 3 diffrent dealers and do alot of math for the 1/2 inch mods post setings
Old 03-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Spike

i don't know if i should even get into this thread, but here goes.
with the rest down(at rest)draw bow with arrow on rest, time pull cord to pickup shaft with the head 2 1/2 inches in front of shelf. with that done, check timing with the bow at full draw(arrow on rest).look for the space between the cables and the fixed stops on cams. do not draw through the frist cable contact. adj. cables so both cams come to the cables the same. replace and adj stop peg as needed. (sorry, the stop should removed before timing) if the pull cord is short(rest timed early)it will stop bottom cam and hold it out of time thus killing the let off. i hope this makes sense and helps. good luck. jim

Quick Reply: QUICK HELP- Bowtech mod & draw stop chart?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.