Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 QUICK HELP- Bowtech mod & draw stop chart? >

QUICK HELP- Bowtech mod & draw stop chart?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QUICK HELP- Bowtech mod & draw stop chart?

Old 03-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: QUICK HELP- Bowtech mod & draw stop chart?

And this is with the top cam correct?
Old 03-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DaveC

And this is with the top cam correct?
Correct, that pic is of the top cam.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

The chart we have shows 3.4 on the draw stop peg, but it's not even close to touching the peg at full draw??
I had him lower the drop zone so it isn't a factor anymore.

29" 80% draw stop peg position anyone?

Thx
Old 03-24-2006, 01:12 PM

Adjust the stop post to stop cam rotation before the cables touch the stops on the modules. This should give you close to 80% let off. If you tie in a drop away cord into the down cable, you're simply adding more "pull weight" to your holding weight. Grab the drop away cable and pull it down to raise the launcher on the rest and you'll see that the cable has to pull this additional weight,, it's simply added to your holding weight. It can be negated by advancing the top cam rotation by adding a twist or two at a time and checking with a scale what your actual let off is. Twist the cable at the outermost cable post,, near the limb fork on the topcam. All my bow's "dots" on the cams are VERY close to being equal distant to the outside surface of the limbs. Make all twisting adjustments while the draw stop post is actually stopping the cables from contacting the stops on the modules

[/align]
Old 03-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just told him to set it back to 28" (it felt just fine there before we put the 29" mods and and atarted fooling with it) and remove whatever he did to the bow before we started adjusting it.

He is supposed to be going to the bowtech dealers school soon (couple of weeks) so maybe they'll let him in on what makes the bows WORK.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the help WAAGS I'll let him read that before he goes backwards on this. I'm running low on time myself.

Old 03-24-2006, 01:20 PM

ORIGINAL: DaveC

The chart we have shows 3.4 on the draw stop peg, but it's not even close to touching the peg at full draw??
I had him lower the drop zone so it isn't a factor anymore.

29" 80% draw stop peg position anyone?

Thx
Dave,

I just got back from lunch…Make sure you are counting the line marks correctly. The first mark counts as 1 and then the very next mark will be 1.5 etc. The reason 28 inch DL feels good is because you are counting the marks incorrectly. Your are actually at 4.4 not 3.4. Move it back to 3.4 and reinstall the 29 inch DL mods.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yepsir, we were counting them right. 1,1.5,2,2.5,3 etc.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:45 PM

man, you just have to put that peg where wwag says, forget the slashmarks. just put it where the limb hits it just before the cable stops.

rick, i can't see the picture, is it just me?
Old 03-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gibblet, in the process of trial and erroe the pro shop guy & I were placing the peg to "right before" the cable met the stops, but it was only providing 71% let-off in this fashion. Heck, we couldn't seem to improve the letoff no matter what we did. He even moved it way out of the way and allowed the strings to fully hit the stops- no better.

Before I had to leave we established thatthe cams string lobe's needed more space- 1/16" I think I've read somewhere(some more twisting in one way or another) which would give the 2 dot's back that we lost. He was going to put the 28" mods back on and try and reset everything to before "I" showed up status.

I've got to say this- Bowtech has done this dealer a great disservice by providing plenty of bows to sell with NO technical support to refer to.
I mean somewhere in the shipping of 5+ bows and several mods you could at least slip one draw stop chart in with the mix. no?

This dealer is a great guy and will figure it out I'm sure. He has been selling the snot out of Hoyt's and some Pearsons and has recently picked up both Bowtech, PSE, Diamondand Mathews.

He knows how to tune the hoyts and kept refering to how to tune them, trying to make that work with the binaries. After we fought it for a while he said "your gonna fun with this one". I hope after he goes to the "dealer school" they make tuning this a lot easier than what we were dealing with because as of the time I left I could tell he was wondering why anyone would want such acantankerous bow.

I assured him that the bow felt a lot better before we fooled with it. The near 80% was gone after he swapped mods and twisted whatever he twisted. It also allowed for very little creep after the mod swap .

Are you guys sure these binaries are easy to tune??

Is it going to be easy to swap strings and cable when the time comes?

BTW He had a fresh out of the box 30", 70# Tribute with a BC speed of 325

The 60# tribute I was shooting only went 301 on the BC at 28". After the mod swap it was spitting out some good numbers though
29", 59 & change draw 405= 273, 390=276.

As fast as my Pat, but with no creep allowed and only holding 71% at best.

Back to my mainquestion-

Are you guys sure these bows are easy to tune?

Oh and thanks again to those who attempted to help while I was up there, I appreciate it.

Quick Reply: QUICK HELP- Bowtech mod & draw stop chart?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.