Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

need advice..

Old 02-22-2006, 09:21 PM

Default need advice..

I have been shooting with a caliper release attached directly to the string. Recently I started using a string loop to minimize string wear and try to tighten my groups. Im very satisfied other than Im having problems with my arrow wanting to "rise" off my rest during the draw. I assume it is caused by the bottom knot of the loop binding on the arrow nock. Im thinking of possibly trying a whisker biscuit to solve the problem. I currently use a Golden Key Futura Rest. Question is should i go back to the string, or change rests???
Old 02-22-2006, 10:10 PM

Default RE: need advice..

Are you sure you have your knock-point set correctly?
Old 02-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah make sure that you're square on your string to your loop. A cure for it would to be to put a nock set inside the loop in between the strings where the loop is...leave some space so your arrow doesn't pinch. I wouldn't go to the whisker biscuit because I've seen lots of problems with them, but that's just my personal experience.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes I would think that the nock set would be the first place to check .Be sure that the top part of your loop is above your nock set and not underneith it ,if it's undernieth you will have changed your nock point because the string would be between your arrow and your correct nocking point ,lowering it about 1/8" of an inch./

nubo