Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

need advice

Old 02-15-2006, 02:31 PM

Default need advice

i have an idea for a new product and i have spent quite a bit of time on itand dont want it stolen. i was wondering how i could get in contact or who i might contact to talk about my idea. its in scent distribution and elimination.i had an idea some years back on improving an existing product and i talked to a rep who came in the shop i was working at and within a few months they were using my idea i was told that i didnt have any proof it was my idea and basicly they laughed at me.hind sight is 20/20. i should have kept my mouth shut.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: need advice

talk to a patten lawer
Old 02-15-2006, 03:30 PM

call the US patent office
Old 02-15-2006, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Gonzo, been there done that. US Patent and Trademark Office. You can apply for a patent for $500. And before you do that there is a ton of research to do before you apply. And then when you do make an application you have to word it in such a way that someone can't change one little thing and steal your idea. The USPTO will send you an info and application kit for free. They are also very helpful on the phone but can only do so much. Call them at 1-800-PTO-9199 and good luck. Oh don't be in a hurry, I sent my application in 5 months ago and still no word.

Old 02-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Tell me what it is and I will call them for you. Just kidding!!
It sounds like txrookie has the procedure you need. Good luck
with your invention.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:55 PM

I made the same mistake of showing a Rep a design 10 years ago. And, just about 6 months later it hit the market. It teaches you very quickly to keep your unique ideas to yourself until you get everything 'documented'.

Good luck.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:14 PM

When I was 13ish I invented the rubber bullet... or so I thought I was going to be rich when my idea made it to law enforcement. Isoon discovered it'd already been invented long before I was even born. Sucks!
Old 02-15-2006, 07:22 PM

thanks guys . i was working in a sporting goods store running the archery shop and we had a big hunting show every year. well the guy from extreme demintions wildlife calls was there . i have one of the calls and i proceded to tell him my idea for making it to where you could use the memory sticks in it like a camera so you could use the same call for varmints or deer or whatever. he laughed and said it was a novel idea. at the time they had totaly differant units for each type of hunting. well a few months later we get a catalog of whats to be new the next year and right there is my idea. exactly as i had told him to the exact degree. so this time i will not tell anyone before i get it legal.thanks again.