Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 String loops . . . Yea OR Nea? >

String loops . . . Yea OR Nea?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String loops . . . Yea OR Nea?

Old 02-06-2006, 05:26 AM

Default RE: String loops . . . Yea OR Nea?

In fact if you notice Tom Miranda doesn't even use a rear peep.
That's funny, when I see a well known hunter using a peep, I usually think, 'that guy managed to kill something, even with that peep'.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:17 AM

I use a string loop,it was installedwhen I purchased my bow .it's got metal ends Incorporated in the string to prevent pull through.My brother uses the metal loop but I would imagine that would wear your release?
Old 02-07-2006, 01:17 PM

Have never had a string loop before. But put one on the new
bow I just got and love it!The loop should make the string serving last
longer,And it did not change my draw enough to matter!!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Site Bouncer

I use one and I like it. The biggest difference for me at least is..... With the release on the string, there is a lot more pressure on the release. This pressure is what causes nock pinch. Even with the rubber cushin it's still there because the apex of the string is below the arrow nock. Thereforepressure is applied to the top of the release (caliper style) as well. The shorter the AtoA the more pronounced the pinch/pressure is.With the loop the apex of the string becomes the loop and all of the pressure is where it's supposed to be (centered in the jaws pulling straight out). There are no other forces being applied to the releasemaking for a smoother shot. The other plus is thatthe arrow is being pulled from directly behind the arrow and not below it.

If tied correctly and the proper material used (like Big Bulls said) you should have no problems at all.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Spike

I'd say ya stick with the string loop...it can only bring better things. If it works out that your shooting is good i say keep it
Old 02-13-2006, 04:01 PM

I don't shoot with a loop and I recently got a new bow and I think I should becausemy string is wearing hard already.....!
Old 02-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

I just started shootin with the string loop and it has effected my shooting pattern. Now im getting better overall. I guess it all your opinion if you like em or not

Old 02-14-2006, 04:27 AM

I feel that they are much more accurate then shooting off the string and alot less damage to the serving. I have been using one for at least7 or 8years without any problems. I would never shoot without one again!
Old 02-14-2006, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

The string loop has many advantages . I was shooting archery way before they became popular , unfortunatly , and cant find a good anchor when useing them at my draw length . If I shorten it up a 1/2 inch or so It might work for me , but Im stuck with my old familier setup , shooting off the string with a cusion .

Tom Maranda uses a hindsight , has a model named after himself actualy . When shooting a mathews with stock strings , its that or the dreaded rubber band .
Old 02-14-2006, 08:33 PM

I personally have always felt more comfortable shooting from the string. I dont like the idea of the loop coming free on me in the middle of the release, i dont like the extended length, and it takes more maintenece. Strings loops have the advantanges of "twisting the string, and a more natural release behind the sight". But, I can change the serving whenever needed(which isnt as often as people think), and if you have a proper release you dont have to worry about twisting the string. So, i will continue to shoot off the string.

Quick Reply: String loops . . . Yea OR Nea?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.