HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   String loops . . . Yea OR Nea? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/131675-string-loops-yea-nea.html)

game4lunch 02-04-2006 09:25 AM

String loops . . . Yea OR Nea?

I've used a string loop for years but have always wondered wht others think about their pro's and con's?

akaSharkey 02-04-2006 11:19 AM

RE: String loops . . . Yea OR Nea?

Yes. You dont torque the string with a loop. Your serving does not wear out as fast. And you are drawing from a point directly behind the arrow. My shooting dramaticaly improved when I went to a loop and I have never looked back.

PSEsilverhawk55 02-04-2006 11:49 AM

i shot with one and my dad doesn't my dads groups with a ben pearson predator bow at 20yrds are touching, my at 20yrd about range from 2 to 6 in.(dependin on the day) shoting for desect groups my dads are usally more consistene, so really it could go either way. shot both and see which u preffer.

Doefever 02-04-2006 01:20 PM

Iswitched to a string loop last year. I was always afraid that at the moment of truth I'd have trouble getting my release on it. NO PROBLEM!

cope607 02-04-2006 05:07 PM

Hey all, just got one installed and they took my nock pieceoff, is this normal? Will the loop slide at all? How longwill they last, I would hate to have it come loose or bread in mid-draw.I just getting back into bowhunting after 17 years and the technology has left me in the dark. Thanks for any help. Mike

ButchA 02-04-2006 05:31 PM

I don't know.... I have never used a string loop. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but for some reason I don't trust them. Then again a lot of guys I know use one and have had great success. It's one of those things, where either you like them or you don't.

Cougar Mag 02-04-2006 06:38 PM

I've never used one but am getting ready to, mainly because I don't want to switch modules and the 1/2" I will gain will make my draw just right on my new bow. One word of warning........any signs of wear at all, get it changed! I've seen a guy break his nose because of a faulty tied loop too. Seriously!

Rob/PA Bowyer 02-04-2006 07:48 PM

A good idea for smaller axle to axle bows with long draw lengths....I personally don't shoot one on my VorTec 36" ATA....no effect on accuracy...

MOTOWNHONKEY 02-04-2006 08:52 PM

I use a loop but started tying my own after a bloody mouth when the "pro" tied me one on. It does save string wear and I think makes shooting more consistant.

game4lunch 02-04-2006 09:46 PM

I've used one for years and have no reason to switch, but was just wondering what some of y'all thought. I still see "pros" on hunting shows without them. In fact if you notice Tom Miranda doesn't even use a rear peep.