Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 IS THIS A LOAD OF BULL? >

IS THIS A LOAD OF BULL?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

IS THIS A LOAD OF BULL?

Old 02-03-2006, 10:29 AM

Default IS THIS A LOAD OF BULL?

This is regarding the binary cam's leeway question, I am considering buying a 05 Allegiance and the seller says it's a 30 inch bow but it's set at approx 28.5 due to the fact that the stop pins have roughly an ich of leeway.

Regarding the 58# issue he said that a bow maxed out on draw length has about 2# leeway in draw weight therefore being bottomed out at 60# (70# max bow)it could be about 58#

I'm not experienced enough to know if this if a load or not but he is kind of contridicting himself in the info in that the bow is'nt maxed out if it's 30 inches but set at 28.5 so how could it be 58# presuming that the pin stop adjustability is a true statement which through research and info obtained here I highly doubt.

Thanks,

Metro
Old 02-03-2006, 10:45 AM

Default RE: IS THIS A LOAD OF BULL?

You can't adjust the Binaries more than about a 1/2" in DL. They are DL specific to every 1/2". If you are going with an 05 Binary I would find one that say you have a 28" draw has 28" cams in it. As far as the poundage, it could be maxed at 58# or maybe even 62#. It depends on a few factors that might vary slightly from bow to bow.