Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Best drop-away for hunting >

Best drop-away for hunting

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Best drop-away for hunting

Old 01-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Best drop-away for hunting

Greg, they make one called an SL, I believe... it stands for side load, so obviously it allows access from the side. Might be something to look at if that's a concern of yours and you wanna try one.

In fact, I think Jerry/NJ over on AT's got one of the SL's for sale, if he hasn't already sold it.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:37 PM

You won't find a better hunting rest that the QAD Ultra Rest.

Everything the Whisker Biscuit can do in a fall away rest.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cougar, I too wasnt keen on loading the arrow through it, but once I started using it, it's a none issue. Of course during hunting season, I load it from the front so I don't take the chance of hitting the string with the broadhead.

BulletHole, I was considering that rest till I found out the launcher was plastic. That and I'm not real fond of the launcher arms hitting the riser all the time and making noise. If I were to use another rest, it would probably be the Dropzone.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:28 PM

Trap door rest!Very reliable and falls completely out of the way!
Old 01-30-2006, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greg, they make one called an SL, I believe... it stands for side load, so obviously it allows access from the side. Might be something to look at if that's a concern of yours and you wanna try one.
Thats the one I bought also because I did not want to load a broadhead tipped arrow from the back. It just pops in like side load wisker bisquit. It is indeed called the Twister Safari SL. I don't see it on the apa website this year, I think they may have dropped it for 2006. For those who can't quite grasp how it works they have some photos of it in action. Try www.apaarchery.com

Old 01-31-2006, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

My preference would be the Muzzy ,it has a large hook that contain's your arrow and you nearly have to turn it upside down in order to have your arrow fall off . I swear by it .

nubo
Old 01-31-2006, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Update , since my last post , muzzy has introduced a new model designed for paralel limb , short cabelgaurd travel bows . If you havent tried a muzzy zero efect rest , you need to .
Old 01-31-2006, 10:01 AM

I have been using the NAP quiktune 2000 for several years and haven't found a reason to change. I tried the Muzzy but didn't care for the extra bulkiness of it but it did shoot pretty nice. I like my bow very compact.

BTW I have the Muzzy for sale if anyone wants it.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

I've had no issues with my QAD. Having said that, I have narrowed my choice of trying a new dropaway down to...........the MuzzyPC600 and am leaning heavily to trying the Golden Key TKO. Neither has the total containment of some other dropaways, but I hunted for 25 years without a dropaway. I like the launcher better on the TKO, similiar to a regular prong rest. And if I decide not to use a dropaway it converts to a regular rest. Pretty decent price too.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:29 PM

QAD Ultra-Rest by far. You can lock it in the upright position to hold your arrow while stalking. I hunt at just under 10,000 feet in September weather, and never failed!

Quick Reply: Best drop-away for hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.