HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Best drop-away for hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/130669-best-drop-away-hunting.html)

warr0088 01-27-2006 04:04 PM

Best drop-away for hunting

I've been doing a ton of reading from old posts, and on other forums ... still can't figure out the best all around hunting drop-away rest ... i've decided not to go whisker biscuit ... heard good things about the gfk TKO and trophy taker shakey hunter, any suggestions?

Anyone ever tried the Quicktune 4000 smart drop-away? (Hoyt sells it in a nice package with matching colours, I have an 05' Vipertec I'm trying to set-up)

thanks!

djkiller 01-27-2006 04:18 PM

RE: Best drop-away for hunting

Trophy Taker Shaky hunter . for reliability and performance you cant go wrong.

Kanga 01-27-2006 11:04 PM

Muzzy Zero Effect

DaveH 01-28-2006 04:11 AM

Anyone ever tried the Quicktune 4000 smart drop-away?
Almost. I have the Quicktune 2000 drop-away on my Hoyt Razortec. I've never had a moment's problem with it and would immediately get the same rest again if I needed one.

gibblet 01-28-2006 06:24 AM

gosh i've had a lot of them. i really liked the drop zone and now i'm shooting a trophy taker standard launcher. i've got the spring in the soft slot and i really like it. one of these days i've got to check out a muzzy.

muzzyman88 01-28-2006 07:39 AM

I don't think there is a better drop away for hunting than the APA Twister Safari. Total arrow containment and total silence. I used it all of this past season and it worked perfectly. It's nice not having to worry about where your arrow is on the rest when you pick up the bow.

Cougar Mag 01-28-2006 08:17 AM

QAD Ultrarest was on my Martin and is going on my new Bowtech.

One of these days I might try the APA Twister Safari.

VAhuntr 01-28-2006 10:02 AM

I used a NAP 2000 this past year with no problems.

Greg / MO 01-28-2006 10:52 AM

I don't think there is a better drop away for hunting than the APA Twister Safari. Total arrow containment and total silence. I used it all of this past season and it worked perfectly. It's nice not having to worry about where your arrow is on the rest when you pick up the bow.
I just picked up one of these on the advice of a friend... Looks like it's gonna be awesome for the above-stated reasons.

WKP Todd 01-28-2006 11:02 AM

Trophy Taker get's my vote. Great simple rest that doesn't move once you get it set. Pretty good prices too. Some of the designs just have too much junk hanging out everywhere. I just want something that works as simply as possible. T.T. fits the bill!