Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Callin 04 Patriot owners, what's your specs?? >

Callin 04 Patriot owners, what's your specs??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Callin 04 Patriot owners, what's your specs??

Old 01-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Callin 04 Patriot owners, what's your specs??

I’m in need of some quick specs. My bow is pulling 76# if I set it to factory specs of 33” ata , 7” brace and placing the cam timing marks at as close to .305” as I can get them.

A bowtech technical adviser told me to put the cam timing hole (not mark- the hole below the module) at half hole when compared to the limb, but this only made my poundage increase.
What I’m wondering is where is everyone else’s Patriot spec wise. ATA, Brace & cam rotation (on the mark, .305”?)

I stretched the ATA to 33 3/8” at 65# last fall so I could get through deer season without fooling with it. (This allowed me to lower my poundage to my desired 65# with 2 turns out of each limb bolt). Now that season is over I want it right 33” ata @ 70#.
I’d like to figure this out myself before I ship it back, but at this point I can’t see what I’m doing wrong. We tore it down at a pro-shop today to make sure it had the standard rockers in it & it did. The tech was at a loss in the matter.

I am running a floating Yoke, but can’t recall it increasing my draw weight when I put it on, does a floating yoke pick up the draw weight?

Any hints on what may be causing my poundage to go up so high?
Old 01-21-2006, 04:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Callin 04 Patriot owners, what's your specs??

Dave !

I'm not all that familiar with your Patti single ,but I'm using the floating yoke on my Dually04 and it feel's to me that I'm pulling less weight ,it bothered me at first because I thought something was wrong ,but I put it on the scale and it was dead nut's ,but it sure didn't feel that way. As for my cam's the hole line's up perfectly with my limb's on both end's ,I'm sure this won't help since mine is a dually and your's is a single .

nubo
Old 01-21-2006, 04:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

One more thing I forgot to mention ius that the spec's are almost impossible to get right .What BowTech say's in the book doesn't mean that's exactly what your bow meet's ,the spec's are more of a reference than anything .I know that I am off as well by 1/8" on my Ato A and almost 1/4 on my brace according to the spec book .This is why it's important to check your bow's measurement's as soon as you get it home and document everything .Your bow might not have been exact of what the book say's every bow is different and very few are exact as the book say's .Hope this help's .I'd just try to get it close and be happy with it ,if it's shooting good then leave it before you drive yourself nut's.

nubo
Old 01-21-2006, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd sure liked to have measured everything when I first got it, but it started life as a "havy 60" BT achieved this by placing heavy pivots in the limb pockets. I didn't realize this until the limbs were replaced due to a slither in the lower limb. Once replaced the heavy pivots were discovered as the bow was pulling 77#.
When the heavy pivots were replaced with standard ones the bow was drawing 70#, but the ATA was opened up when we achieved that weight. I didn't realize that until I got home.
I know the ATA specs should be a guidline and not the rule, but each Bowtech technician I talk to and get e-mails from say my bow should be 33" ata. Not give or take, 33". If that's what it's suppsed to be then that's where I want it.

Although it does shoot great with FP's it was a bear to tune shooting with broadheads and anytime I asked about tuning the same old question came up- is your bow at factory specs. Well it is now, and it's pulling 76#.

I did achieve a decent huntable tune and scored 3 deer with it this season, but my field point groups have opened up in the tuning process.

I guess I could let the limbs back out and keep on keepin on, but I can onle let out so-much. In it's current state it would never go down to 60#..

I wonder if there is a market for a heavy-70 Patriot?
Old 01-21-2006, 07:24 AM

i'm not sure who you talked to, but those spec's are +/- 1/4". that comes from about as close to the top as you can get. mine likes 33 1/8 ata. i'm not sure about bh since i took the grip off. i've got a bit over 7" because of that.

'exact' makes no sense whatsoever because that would mean all limbs are identical, and that's just not the case. if you've got the correct rockers, everything else on your bow is machined so that leaves the limbs. i don't think they'll charge you to fix it. see what bowtechshooter says because that sounds a little fishy. i know that bow will work with different string/cable length combo's, so when you get 72# and your correct drawlength, and the cam is timed, you're home.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gibblet, since you didn't mention the floating yoke I'm assuming it didn't add any weight?

I tried both of the different length strings you sent me and the outcome was the same. The short one had less twist in it & the longer was barber poled. Even at 33 1/8" the max draw was well above 72#.
I put the string called for in the owners manual on so that couldn't be questioned when I called.

Here is quote from an e-mail I recieved a while back when I asked the ATA question----"The axle length should be spot on 33" and the brace height should be right at 7" "- that's cut & pasted btw. Over the phone I've spoken with 2 different techs, but will keep their names off the message boards, no need in that.

IfI could get some tricks to try at home before shipping it I'd try them.

72#, I'd be happy with that I guess- as long as it would tune well at 65# that is.