Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Stabilizer for Hunting Question >

Stabilizer for Hunting Question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Stabilizer for Hunting Question

Old 01-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Stabilizer for Hunting Question

I've had my Hoyt Razortec for 2 years and I love it. I only hunt with it - I'm not a competitive shooter. I do not have a stabilizer and I really don't notice any problems with vibration or anything. What advantage would I gain by putting a stabilizer on my bow? I don't want anything long that sticks out on my hunting bow but I see alot of guys use them and I wonder what the deal is.... What do they do for you?
Old 01-04-2006, 01:23 PM

Default RE: Stabilizer for Hunting Question

I have a short, 6oz. stabilizer on my Defender only for balance. When I release, the bow will stay upright and then start to tilt a little to the right. I could fix that with an offset mount but don't want to bother with it. Basically, you don't want the bow to tip forward or backward when you release. If it doesn't do that now, I wouldn't worry about it.

Sound dampening is a different matter. There are several silencers on the market that are not very heavy at all. Anywhere from 2-6 ounces. Their job is just to quiet the bow but may help with stabilization also.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:24 PM

Default RE: Stabilizer for Hunting Question

I have a short, 6oz. stabilizer on my Defender only for balance. When I release, the bow will stay upright and then start to tilt a little to the right. I could fix that with an offset mount but don't want to bother with it. Basically, you don't want the bow to tip forward or backward when you release. If it doesn't do that now, I wouldn't worry about it.

Sound dampening is a different matter. There are several silencers on the market that are not very heavy at all. Anywhere from 2-6 ounces. Their job is just to quiet the bow but may help with stabilization also.