Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bodoodle 300 Zapper >

Bodoodle 300 Zapper

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bodoodle 300 Zapper

Old 12-30-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Bodoodle 300 Zapper

Okay guys, I have a bit of a concern. I am a new shooter, the local pro set me up with a Bodoodle 300 Zapper Containment style arrow rest. Some of you may be familiar with it. I understand the ease of use with this rest for new shooters like myself. Ifeel it is pretty easy to shoot with.

My question is, shouldn't clearance be my number one issue when I nock my arrow each shot with this style of arrow rest? I don't believe the pro lined up my nocks properly (he didn't really take clearance into account), which means my vanes contact the arrow rest prongs every shot. I have shot my bow about 150 times and my vanes are already showing considerable wear and wrinkling.

Should I be looking into clearance or is this not required? I don't really care about having to replace the vanes if that is an issue, I just want to make sure the contact between the vanes and the rest prongs aren't effecting my arrow flight in any way.

In my opinion, I don't think the vanes should be contacting the prongs. But as a new shooter, you really have no clue about these things and are strictly ona learning adventure.

What do you guys think? Any other suggestions? Should I be looking into getting a different style rest? Any help would be appreciated on this topic.

Thanks!

Old 12-30-2005, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bodoodle 300 Zapper

Don't know your set-up, but rotate the nocks on the arrow (if possible) to clear the prongs. This type of interference will kill accuracy. If you can't rotate the nocks replace them and line them up yourself to achieve clearance.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:37 AM

Thanks a lot. I spun my nocks so I have the cock feather pointing straight up and down. With this style containment rest, this is how I could achieve proper vane clearance. I have white as my cock feather, so I shouldn't have any problem remembering to nock my arrows the same way each time.

Haven't shot it yet, but I hopefully will see a drastic improvement in consistency of arrow flight. See it is the little things you don't really know about when you first start shooting that can either make or break ya in this sport.

Once again, thanks for the help. I am hoping to see improvement in my groups now.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

I use a little hot glue stickon the inserts so when I get the nock in the right spot the nock will not rotate. Then if you need to rotate the nock again, just a second with a lighter will loosen the glue to rotate the nock. You should never have your vane making contact with your rest at all. Some shooters don't like to anchor their nocks, but I do have been doing this for years. Works great for me.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:27 AM

Thanks Rev, once again, full of great information no matter what forum you post on!!