Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

bodoodle zapper???

Old 07-21-2002, 04:45 PM
pup

Default bodoodle zapper???

any of you tried this rest? what did you think of it? i was also looking at the wisker buislets but they lokk like they would interfear.. any ideas??? i want a rest that my aroow cant fall off and that has little interfearence.. i am open for suggestions..

small but deadly
Old 07-21-2002, 06:34 PM
Spike

Default RE: bodoodle zapper???

I've found it to be great but a little noisy shooting aluminums. I put some shrink tubing on the four prongs and it seemed to silence it though. Also you've got to get used to putting your arrows through the rest. It can be a little tricky with mechanicals. I do like it though.

Old 07-21-2002, 07:25 PM
pup

can you just pop the arrow down through the top of the rest??? and what do you think of this rest??http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...rentType=index

give me your guys opinion

small but deadly
Old 07-23-2002, 11:57 AM

I really like the look of the Bodoodle Zapper. I may give one a try after bow season, I just don't feel like changing a setup that is currently working with season coming up fairly soon. My only concern I have with the Bodoodle is the stainless arrow holders. I've never shot a Bodoodle rest but to me the stainless looks like it could potentially be noisy. I'm sure a little mole skin or shrink tubing would quiet it down if there is any noise.

Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?
Old 07-26-2002, 12:36 PM

I do not have the Zapper but I do have the Tiger Tuff Sure Shot(basically the smae rest). It has 3 fins also and is an EXCELLENT rest. Not one problem with this style of rest.
Old 07-26-2002, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would this rest be good for a small child. I'm going to set-up a small compound for my son(he'll be 5 in two months) and I've been thinking about a whisker bisqit or Zapper.

PRACTICE....PRACTICE....PRACTICE......SUCCESS!