Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 05' Allegiance or 04' Patriot?? >

05' Allegiance or 04' Patriot??

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

05' Allegiance or 04' Patriot??

Old 11-21-2005, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 05' Allegiance or 04' Patriot??

So I just stumbled into a smoking deal on an 05' Allegiance that I couldn't pass up, and even though I wasn't looking for another short ATA speed bow, I picked it up anyhow. I got it cheap enough that if I don't like it more than my Patriot, I can easily sell it to get my money back.

I am thoroughly satisfied with my Patriot for what I was intending on using it for next year, I was planning on using it for primarily hunting and maybe setting it up as a backup bow for 3D next year. My primary bow for the upcoming indoor/3D season is an 06' black marble constitution that is on order.

My main question is, the guys that traded their Patriot's in for Allegiance's, is the Allegiance really all that different, or better or worse for primarily hunting and occasional 3D? I know it's a bit faster, but this doesn't really matter to me, the Patriot is plenty fast.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 05' Allegiance or 04' Patriot??

I will be curious to see how you compare the two. I have a 03 PAtriot single cam and sometimes have myself convinced I need an Allegiance or the new Equalizer ( I only draw 26 1/2" ). Let us know what you think after shooting it for a while.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:39 PM

i just don't like the draw on those binaries. please don't shoot me anyone.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's understandable, gibblet, and I was going to ask Rick a question in reference to that because the draw force curves are extremely different between the infinity and the binary cams.

Doesyour Patriot have the infinity cam, or is it a dually?
Old 11-21-2005, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

So has anyone drawn a allegiance or tribute with the smooth modules & if so, how do the smooth modules compare to the infinity cams draw curve?
Old 11-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

i just don't like the draw on those binaries. please don't shoot me anyone.
That's what concerns me also. I find the draw on my 60lb Patriot is like slicing butter but am tempted by the speed of the Equalizer but it is only available with the speed cam not the smooth one. I like a nice hard wall and large valley for a hunting bow, I'm afraid these new models might be getting away from that. After all you need to get that speed somehow. AAHHHhh I should just stick with my Patriot
Old 11-22-2005, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MQ1shooter

It's understandable, gibblet, and I was going to ask Rick a question in reference to that because the draw force curves are extremely different between the infinity and the binary cams.

Doesyour Patriot have the infinity cam, or is it a dually?
Mine is an infinity cam, not the dually. I understand the draw force curves are different, I actually shot a 60lb allegiance last winter, but it was quite a while ago and I only shot it 2-3 times. It should be here Friday or Saturday, so I will get it setup ASAP and then give a report. I know it won't have as big of a valley, but that doesn't matter to me much really.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know it won't have as big of a valley, but that doesn't matter to me much really.
Although the valley is noticeably shorter, the main difference I noticed is how quickly it "ramps up" as opposed to the infinity; it's like you're instantly hitting peak draw weight instead of building up to it.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:06 AM

I think most people could get used to a bow, if given time. The positives of the allegiance are worth it. I used to be in love with my patriot duallys. The draw cycle is slower to build up and last through the cycle. The allegiance, however, hits you hard in the beginning. Why would you want to change? Level nock travel. Easier to tune. Smokin speed. Quiet as a mouse. Accurate as heck. Nothing, I mean nothing, is as accurate as a tuned dually or binary.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:43 AM

are you sure about the accuracy statement? lots of tourneys won with single cam bows. at the 'supreme' accuracy level i think its more about repeatability of the shooter.

Quick Reply: 05' Allegiance or 04' Patriot??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.