Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Speciality Archery Hooded Ball Peep. >

Speciality Archery Hooded Ball Peep.

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Speciality Archery Hooded Ball Peep.

Old 11-02-2005, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Speciality Archery Hooded Ball Peep.

bigbulls/ Aussie--I'm really interested in ordering the "hooded ballpeep" for myself also; but--how does one decide the strength of the 'verifier' also what clarifier would be best for himself.
I'll certainly need the 1/4" aperture, (hunting)anything smaller just would help as I'm already burdened by glasses--(progressive lens at that) so focusing up close then placing the pin on the target at a distance, only inflates an already ugly condition.
From the information gathered, the higher the number of the verifier, the stronger the power, and I think they're 4 sizes, starting with the lowest #6 pink/#7 blue/#8 white and #9 orange. I'm thinking of ordering the white or orange.
As for the clarifiers, yellow, red & green wellI haven't a clue at to how this really works.
I've also emailed Speciality Archery got a response butthat went right over my head and have since tried making a second attempt but have not received any response.
Will any of you guys be able to help--maybe I'll start off with the average set up and experiment as I go along. Can you offer any information as to what to order?
I shoot indoors, 3D and HUNT!!!
Thanks for any assistance rendered.
Keith.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Speciality Archery Hooded Ball Peep.

Keith.

I also wear glasses with progressive lenses.

I dont use the verifier lens when hunting but I do use a number 1 clarifier when I am using a 6x lens in my sight.

They do sell a kit that has a lot of the stuff already in it but its not cheap.
That would be one way to go as you can play around with different strenghts to see which one suits you best.

Rather than emailing them give them a call on 800-555-2856 I have found they are really good with their customer service and will answer any questions you have plus make a reccomendation on the info you give them.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

To be honest the only way you will know which one is best for you is to try them.

I suggest the same as Ausie and call them direct. If you know your prescription tell them and I bet they can match you right up.

You may also wast to ask them if there is a shop in your area that will have the different lenses for you to try or if you could order a 'set' of lenses and send back the ones that aren't needed for a refund.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really appreciate the assistance you guys have given.
Tomorrow I'll call Specialty Archery. Fortunately I do know myprescription so I'll have something to start with, I hope.
As for trying the lenses--that wouldn't be possible--compared to the Archery shops inUSA, here in Southern Ontario we're"way" behind.
That's why most of my orders are done via the net.