Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone Use theTimberline Archery " No Peep" ? >

Anyone Use theTimberline Archery " No Peep" ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone Use theTimberline Archery " No Peep" ?

Old 07-08-2003, 02:19 AM
Spike

Default Anyone Use theTimberline Archery " No Peep" ?

Anyone use the Timberline " No-Peep" and if so are you happy with it? Anyone wear glasses tht use it?
Old 07-08-2003, 04:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Anyone Use theTimberline Archery " No Peep" ?

I tried it two years ago and didn' t like it. It was a pain to get it sighted, need two people to do it or you' ll be a week of Sundays trying. There are a lot of people who rave about it though, I' m just not one of them.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Works great for me!After getting it set up i have no problems with it.The best thing is the way it makes you anchor the same on every shot--if you torque the bow it will show with the no-peep,not to mention you get rid of the peep on the string.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use it but still have my peep on the string. I rely on it in those tight situations to keep my form.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:31 AM

I recently bought the no peep and so far I like it. It isn' t " fun" to setup up, but insn' t really hard either. The newer ones have both vertical and horizontal micro adjustments, which makes this process a little faster. It is really helping me have more consistent form and best of all no more screwing with my peep sight. I like that I can shoot with both eyes open. With my old peep, sometimes I would see 2 sight appetures, and 6 pins (I only have 3 pins). I guess you could call this double vision. I think this was caused because I could see a little bit of the peep sight and I would some how focus on it. So far I am a happy with it.

P.S. I don' t know about the glasses part. I wear contacts.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

I installed and set mine up myself while sitting on my living room floor and itr was easy. I won' t go back to the peep. My form has improved and so has my shooting. I have shot 4 Robin Hoods with it this year already.

The only problem I had was that my Left Non-Dominant eye tried to take over the aiming task. This problem I solved by either squinting my left eye or closing it altogether. I t worked great and I have no more problems.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Spike

I recently tried the no peep. I personally did not like it. I found it to be difficult to set up, even with two people. And after reading the package insert it made me like it even less. It states that if the lens gets wet or smudged such as during a rain storm that it becomes useless. It goes on to state that you should be shooting well enough to be able to shoot without it if need be. Well I like having a reliable peep. for those of you that it works for thats great, but it' s not for me.