Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 I shot the new 06 Hoyt Tricon today >

I shot the new 06 Hoyt Tricon today

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I shot the new 06 Hoyt Tricon today

Old 10-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I shot the new 06 Hoyt Tricon today

Yes,I talked to a rep today and I agree,they will sell a boatload of these bows.They are the fad right now and they are a top notch bow,imo,seem to better than other parallel bows i have played with.

Not knocking parallel limb bows but they are not my cup of tea.

I did like the new arrows he had but they still won't out perform my ACC's.If you have'nt seen them,you will be impressed.Can we say inside out ACC?
Old 10-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

TFOX, the arrows were the full metal jacket. I agree, I shoot the a/c/c's for target and the 78's for hunting and indoor. I imagine the new arrows don't come cheap either. At the time of looking at them, the rep would not give us an MSRP. The only thing that I saw about them over the a/c/c arrows is the ease of stripping to refletch.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:43 AM

you must have meant ts1+, which is not ts1 at all (ts1 is not available anymore), its pure dyneema like 8125, and i doubt it would take 700 lbs without failing. they do something to it, some sort of process to try and take the stretch out and make it faster, that makes it more brittle than 8125. i wouldn't use it if you gave it to me.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:56 AM

I saw the Hoyt catalog yesterday & I must say Hoyt nailed it on the head with the new Trykon XL. I really like the specs, 7.5" brace height, 36" ATA & 314 fps IBO. WOW - I think this may be my new bow next year! The Zephyr cam sounds awsome. This is very close to the type of bow I have been waiting on. I may be going back to Hoyt after 5 or 6years of shooting Mathews.

The Hoyt catlog says the Fuse strings will be stretched at 700 lbs of tension. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Ultra-Cam - since Tim Strickland shoots for Hoyt & is associated with Brownell, It's their best material.

I can't wait to give one of these a try! Anyone want to buy a Bowtech & aMathews?
Old 10-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Elkcrazy8

The only thing the rep said about the price of the Full Metal Jacket arrows was that they were cheaper than the AC slims.

Gibblet,

They advertise 700#'s,if it is true isn't something I can vouch for.Personally,I believe prestretching is over rated.If a string is built properly,(serving properly)the string will be stable.I do agree that prestretching will take elasticity out of the string.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:52 PM

Three more days until the Tribute is shown to the archery world