Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Weak Spine

Old 10-29-2005, 11:43 AM
bigcountry

Default Weak Spine

Just got a new bowtech liberty. But am trying to skimp until I am able to order new arrows. Shooting 67lbs 29.5" draw, and shooting 29" arrows. Beman ICS 400's. The beman shart recommends a 340 arrow. So I am sure I am tad weak. According to the charts I need to drop to 60lbs draw.

So I was out shooting today and my broadheads are 4" low but about the same center position. I have always trusted the easton tuning guide and it has always got me shooting well. But according to the broadhead tuning section, I don't have a weak or stiff spine but need to lower my nocking position.

Is there anyway that low POI for broadheads could contribute to weak spine? I know a left or right impact does. I shot thru paper yesterday and am getting a slight vertical tear with fletch tearing high. The tuning guide says weak spine which I could believe or too high nock. So I am a little confused.

Any advise from the tuners?

Old 10-29-2005, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Weak Spine

2 things you could try.

1: lower nocking point.

2: drop head weight if you are using 125 heads drop to 100 or to 75 if you are using 100.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:07 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Weak Spine

Well, I went ahead and ordered some Black Max 4 340's.

Can someone explain the way to move down a string loop with polyester (I believe, not mono) serving. It won't move atall.