Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 I shot the new 06 Hoyt Tricon today >

I shot the new 06 Hoyt Tricon today

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I shot the new 06 Hoyt Tricon today

Old 10-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I shot the new 06 Hoyt Tricon today

ORIGINAL: MQ1shooter

Man oh man, did Bowtech ever get the extreme parallel trend going or what?
Thats because it actually works.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lung Buster

Some of you people are such morons!!! You think that Bowtech has all the good Ideas ya'll are crazy!
No one particular company has all the good ideas. But BowTech, Mathew's and Hoyt each have their own innovations. It's no surprise to see them all taking a page from one anothers book.

Old 10-19-2005, 05:40 AM

Who cares what company came up with what idea? Unless your making royalties on the patents, it should make no difference to you. I could give a rat's hiney, who invented what. Give me a good bow at a good price with great service and I'm happy. The name on the side of the bow doesn't mean squat, and who invented what, means even less.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:49 AM

i care. only because it interests me what kind of minds companies have in their r&d department. i like outside the box, but not out of the stratosphere.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

Just my $.02, but another thing about the long riser, short limbs, parallel limbs, is the issue of shootability. Many, including me, find that the longer riser design holds and shoots more like a longer ATA bow.

Who started it? Who cares?

My opinion, but I like the looks of the parallel limbs. Sharp looking bow. I will shoot one when I get the chance.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:01 AM
Spike

if you think thats layed back, wait till you see one of the 06 bow tech's
Old 10-19-2005, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

All I was stating was that most people on this forum say that Bowtech has all the good ideas.

MQ1shooter- I didn't even begin to say that mathews started the parallel limb design. You obviously are making the assumption because you see that I have a Switchback that I think Mathews is the founder of good ideas. Well you are wrong. I think that Bowtech is a fine quality bow! I think there are many great brands of bows out there. I was merely discusted because someone posted something good about a new hoyt bow that they shot and everyone started in with all this CRAP that the only reason it was good was because it appeared that they copied Bowtech's design!! That my friend is a load of Crap!!

Old 10-19-2005, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's a nice looking bow. I haven't shot a Hoyt in qute some time but I am going to shoot this one for sure.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

lung buster,

I didnt mean to imply that "the only reason it was good" is because they stole some other company's idea; far from it. Hoyt -- and all the top manufacturers have been making top quality bows for years now. I think most people would agree that all the bows being made by just about everyone out there are far more accurate than we can ever take advantage of, leaving just personal preferences of speed, brace height, grip feel, etc. as a deciding factor.

I don't think Hoyt's '06 lineup will be good because they copied Bowtech's design; they were good before. It was just very apparent at first look that thisparticular modelhas "Bowtech" written all over it. Nothing wrong with that, but that's just what jumped out at me as soon as I saw it.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:40 AM

70's era Rigid Archery products bow. Short ATA, parallel limbs and check out the brace height!

Quick Reply: I shot the new 06 Hoyt Tricon today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.