Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

new bow??

Old 10-13-2005, 07:00 PM

Default new bow??

i am looking at really getting into achery shooting compitions, however i shoot a 2000 hoyt aspen and get about 240fps so it is slow. has been great for hunting but i think i could do much better with a faster newer bow. what do you think should i sell my hoyt after this achery season and buy a new 2005 bowtech "i have been shooting these and love the mighty mite"
i figured it would be a good deal between selling the hoyt and by that time the 2005 bows should be on sale as the new 06' come in. so i think i could get the mighty mite fairly cheap.

whatwould yousell a 2000 hoyt aspen with 2000xt limps, nap stablizer, quick tune arrow rest, 6 arrowkiwee quiver, peep sight, kisser button,3 pin vital bow gear site, 6 gold tip arrowsand a bow casefor?? i was thinking i would ask about $300????

any help or opions are great thanks
Old 10-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new bow??

Personally I would do some shopping. I don't know what type of competition you are planning on, but a short bow like the Mighty-Mite is not what you'd want if consistent accuracy and forgiveness is required. I'd go with a longer A2A bow just for starters.

What is your primary goal? Speed or accuracy? There are a lot of longer A2A bows that can give you both.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:42 PM

well here's what i was thinking. they have shoots about 15 min. from my house every monday and friday then every other saturday. and i went to a few and their are some good shooters their. i can post some okay scores out to 30 yards then it gets a little shaky. so i was thinking about getting a bow that will be faster. but the bow i have now is a 39 1/2" ata and i would like something smaller for deer hunting out of my treestands. so i was looking at everything at or under 35" and i shot them all okay but i shoot the mighty mite a lot better and it the draw feels nicer to me.

so i guess i just want a bow that will allow me to put up higher scores yetis moresetup forhunting
Old 10-14-2005, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

You could just keep the Aspen and learn to judge yardage better.But it sounds like you've got your excuse... er....uh....RATIONALE (yeah, that's it)for a new bowall lined up and ready to go. And you've already picked out the one you want, have shot it and like it. So... That's all there is to it. Go ahead on.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

As to what you should ask for your Aspen, here is my opinion, FWIW ...

Put it on Ebay, start it at a low figure, adequately describe every detail and every accessory that is with it and provide some good pics. It should bid up to what it is worth or even more. I have sold a couple of bows on Ebay with good success.

Good luck!
Old 10-14-2005, 02:48 PM

winger that what i was thinking about doing. do you have any trouble when it comes toshipping them or anything?

Old 10-14-2005, 03:20 PM

if a bowtech is what you want take a look at the liberty or justice . i have the patriot vft single cam and am totaly happy with my hunting as well as my 3d results. i constantly post 300 scores but i have been at it quite a few years. i will say this .i shot 300's years ago with my old pse boss 1 impact and it was a relatively slow bow compared to today. a super shorty is far less forgiving than a medium length bow which would be good for hunting as well as 3d.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

No problem shipping, provided you have a box. I was able, each time, to obtain a bow box to ship them in. Then, it is just going to the UPS store and off they go.