Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Can I raise the draw weight on my patriot?? >

Can I raise the draw weight on my patriot??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Can I raise the draw weight on my patriot??

Old 10-04-2002, 10:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Can I raise the draw weight on my patriot??

I am sure it was an honest mistake. Too bad one has to be out the shipping because of it. I had a dealer make a dishonest "mistake" and was also out shipping on the deal. Bowtech made it right by giving and installing Vibrablocks for my trouble.

My opinion is that Bowtech is a top notch company with top notch bows and top notch customer service. I hope as Bowtech rides the wave of success that more dealers become available. It would be nice to have more dealer choices within a reasonable driving distance.

Winger
Old 10-05-2002, 10:14 AM

what exactly are you hunting for? elephants? 60# will shoot trhu any animal in North America. Unless there are some Mamoths in your area that you're trying to harvest, I see no need for poundage past 65#.... Can I draw 70-80#? Yes. Why bother?
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Is it possible to raise the draw weight on the patriot beyond the standard factory 70 lbs.
If so how can I do it and what is the max I can get out of it?
Thanks for any input.

PS. I recently posted a discouraged topic about problems with my new patriot.
to make a long grueling story short,two torn strings,cams, axles,and a $50 shipping bill to bowtech later It ended up the dealer was installing the string improperly.
Not to mention I did'nt get my bow set up untill two days before the season.
IT is shooting great now and I would'nt trade it for anything.

For your own good do'nt ever go to BB Archery in KC Missouri.

Sorry for rambling on about my bad experience but you can probably understand.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 10-08-2002, 08:32 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
what exactly are you hunting for? elephants? 60# will shoot trhu any animal in North America. Unless there are some Mamoths in your area that you're trying to harvest, I see no need for poundage past 65#.... Can I draw 70-80#? Yes. Why bother?
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Is it possible to raise the draw weight on the patriot beyond the standard factory 70 lbs.
If so how can I do it and what is the max I can get out of it?
Thanks for any input.

PS. I recently posted a discouraged topic about problems with my new patriot.
to make a long grueling story short,two torn strings,cams, axles,and a $50 shipping bill to bowtech later It ended up the dealer was installing the string improperly.
Not to mention I did'nt get my bow set up untill two days before the season.
IT is shooting great now and I would'nt trade it for anything.

For your own good do'nt ever go to BB Archery in KC Missouri.

Sorry for rambling on about my bad experience but you can probably understand.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 10-08-2002, 08:48 PM

No I am not going to shoot elephants. Those of you who were wondering why I want to increase my draw weight past 70 lbs.
I shoot long range target,I was just wanting a little flatter trajectory.I mean long range as in distances of out to 100 yrds. It might sound crazy but you ought to try it,Its a challenge, a lot of fun plus it makes you a much more accurate for closer shots.