Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Oneida bows

Old 10-02-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Oneida bows

Does anyone know anything about Oneida bows? Have you every shot one and if so what did u think? i am looking to get started bowhunting and i have a friend who has a used one he wants to sell me.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:30 PM

Default RE: Oneida bows

Wait until Dairy King sees this thread.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:55 AM

Oneida has lots of loyal followers, as do most other brands. They can all be made to shoot where you aim. It would be best to shoot his bow a few times and compare it to other brands in your price range.

Oneida has the advantage of being easy to work on, without a bow press, and they have what many would call, "a unique look".
Old 10-03-2005, 05:14 AM
Fork Horn

http://p102.ezboard.com/bcponeidaeaglebows

Not everyones cup of tea. You'll find a dedicated group of friendly folks eager to help at the above link. There can be a bit of variation in the modelsdepending on when the bow was made. Your best bet is to take off the grip and write down the production code scribed on the inside and post that info on the Oneida board.

I had an older model (Strike Eagle) that I enjoyed shooting even though the draw length was 2" too long, at 45" tip to tip it was a sweet finger bow.

Oneidasare perhaps the ultimate tinker's bow as you don't need a bow press to work on them. Ilook forward to getting another to experiment with in the future.

UR
Old 10-03-2005, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wait until Dairy King sees this thread
Yep thats all u got to do
Old 10-03-2005, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

The one thing that you will like about them is that they are extremely smooth to draw. It is also nice that the press isn't really needed to work on a lot of the technical aspects. Give it a try and see if you like it.