Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

mom's funeral

Old 10-04-2005, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: mom's funeral

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family,Hope all goes well for you soon.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:52 PM

I know how you feel. My father passed on this day three years ago. My mom is having the same things happen to her as you are. The bad dreams and all that stuff. I know it is hard, but the only way to make it easier is to be strong. The way that I make myself feel better is to think that my father is in a better place. He is not suffering in pain and he is with his uncle drinking beers and hunting everyday. I was there when he passed and had to ask the doctors to stop recessitating him. That was the hardest thing to do. Its hard and time will feel that it is passing at the slowest rate. But it will get better over time. My prayers are with you my brother, and I hope things will be better in the future. God Bless
Old 10-07-2005, 11:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

John,

I don't know how I missed this before but would like to offer my condolensces. I have not had that particular experience yet but wish you the best of luck in getting through it.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:30 PM

Time will take care of you, but now you are depressed. Here are few things you should do:

Stay busy, don't let your mind wander off on sad thoughts
Gather your family and friends around you.None of them have to do or say anything special, just get them close to you.
Pray
Read the Bible, especially the Book of Job
Get to bed every day at the same time and get up in the morning at the same time. Try not to sleep too much
Exercise
Put up a picture of your mother in a place you can see it easily
If you drink alcohol, cut back or give it up for a while
Keep eating, even if you are not really hungry

I lost my mother to cancer in 1969, she was 45 I was 18. Believe me, I still have bad dreams about it.

Old 10-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

John!

Just to let you know that I know what your going through bud,I've been there myself when my father passed . I'm sure you'll find that thing's get a little easier with time and that you'll alway's remember the speacial thing's that happened as you were growing .If you need to chat ,you have my number ,I'm all ear's if you need to vent bud.

Your best bud

nubo
Old 10-10-2005, 08:31 AM

just an update. i really appreciate all the support here. i really do.

i'm realizing that i've still got mom in my head and heart, and no one can take that away, and that is really starting to help me. this thing really hit me hard on all levels of my being - mentally, spiritually, and physically. we're amazing creatures and while i wondered if i was going to be able to bounce back, i'm now realizing i am bouncing back. i want to thank God for giving me a strong spirit that always comes back, my family, and all the archers and bowhunters around the world who have offered prayers, support, understanding, and those who didn't complain 1 bit when they had to wait 3 weeks for their strings and just said don't worry about it - just go be with your mom. now a bowhunter waiting 3 weeks at the start of the season and still offering support and understanding - and not 1 complaining - that's what kind of people bow hunters are and i'm proud to be associated as 1.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:53 AM

So sorry to hear your loss. Remember all the good times and they will help you get through the bad.