Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

mom's funeral

Old 10-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: mom's funeral

I had the same thing happen with my father, nine years ago last week. It took me a little time and medicationto get over it. And then you don't get completely over it. It probably took me six months to get past the worst of it.

What helped me that year is taking his deer rifle and hunting with it that season.I killed four deer that season with it. I felt like he was there every time I went hunting that season.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for what you are going through and hope you can find a way through it.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Site Bouncer

I always have the saddest of hearts when I read of the passing of friends and family. I can't begin to tell you how sorry I feel for your loss. It's a cruel part of our existence to have to see others pass on. But I pray there is a reason and a bigger picture that will some day shed light on why we must endure such pain and sorrow now.

I hope when that day comeswe will find peace and again be with the ones we love.

You are in my prayers.

John B.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

BUT, i'm having a hard time getting my sh!* together. bad dreams, tired all the time, no motivation, i guess they call it depression. i got to go hunting yesterday, and that was nice, but i could use a little experience with how long i'm going to be feeling useless, drugged (i'm not), and just empty. john
First , I'm sorry for your loss. I've been there , my mother passed in 88 , she was only 58 years old. The first thing you need to realize is what a much better place she's at now. What your feeling is deep sadness because you'll miss her , and you'll always miss her. But you can feel happy about where she's at and miss her at the same time. How do you think it would make her feel if she could see you now? (and I believe she can). She would want you to know that she's great where she's at and that you should be enjoying life because it's so short. Just remember , she's gone from here physically , but not spiritually! Take her hunting with you when you go. I still take my mom on every hunting trip.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

I am sorry that you lost your mom. No matter how prepared a person thinks they are.....you are really not. In time your soul will heal, and you can always know that she will always be with you with memories shared.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. The death of a loved one is tough and hard to deal with. I know how you feel, i lost my mother on Nov 16, 1990andmy Fatherlast year on Sept 27. 2004 and both deaths were hard on me. I'm a Christian and have a strong faith in God and thats what got me through the death of both my parents. I know their in a better place and i'll see them again one day. I know it's hard on you right now but time has a way of healing and although you'll never get over it you will learn to live with it and life goes on. My prayers are lifted for you and the family. God Bless. Mike
Old 10-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am sorry to here about your mom[&o]I understand how you fill. I lost my mother in 97 the day after christmas she also had health problems that turned for the worse,
know she is in a much better place, I know it seemsveryhard for youto take right now.
But your faithwill keep you strong knowing that you will see her again someday.Time willease thepain my friend.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:31 PM

with my wife's help i'm trying to get back on the horse. i made a set of strings today - first ones in about 3 weeks, cut the grass... i just don't feel like getting off the couch, but hopefully making myself will help me get to where i can function. i didn't think it would be this hard, i really didn't. i decided if i'm not starting to feel a little better by sunday i'm going to call a grief counselor next week. i'm worried i'm going to try and medicate myself if i don't, and that didn't have good results in my youth.

i want to thank all of you for your thoughts and kind words. i really enjoy coming here and seeing the support. john, aka gibblet, aka bucknasty.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey John,
Here is a suggestion for you. Make a list of tasks to accomplish everyday and gradually build up the quantity of tasks. Before you know it you will again be filling your days. Don't forget to schedule in some fun stuff like shooting or hunting.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:51 PM

LOL terry, i got no problem getting my practice in, i'm not in quite that bad of shape.its the only thing i'm enjoying, but i can't just shoot all day - i'm pretty good, but not good enough to make a living at it. now if i just had a deer farm i could have my own hunting show like the ones i see on tv (except i'd let you see the fence they were in and the neighborhood kids playing with them before i 'hunted' them down).

Quick Reply: mom's funeral

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.