Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bad Luck???

Old 10-01-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Bad Luck???

I was in the middle of sighting in my bow for the second time in two weeks and my string loop slid off.Me and my dadtried to fix it but we couldn't. Last week my peep sight fell off. I am hopingI can get it into the shop to get it fixed tomorrow or Monday and hopefully nothing else happens this season.

Oh yeah, it had to happen as I made a shot and I didn't notice it because I missed my target completely TWICE, one time missimg everything and the second time hitting my backstop(my little bros wooden playhouse sandbox) and driving my field tip into my arrow about an inch.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:13 AM

Default RE: Bad Luck???

It sounds to me like whoever set your bow up did a crappy job.If it was you just kiddin
Old 10-02-2005, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds like it's time to change loop material, or make sure you're getting the ends melted into bigger balls. And, it's time to learn to check everything on your bow before each practice/hunting session!! A shooter should look his bow over every day, when shooting, for any signs of abnormal wear and tear, any cracks, loose parts, frayed string/cable, etc. And don't just look at the screws/bolts, use the allenwrench and check the tightness with it!! Same goes for your arrows, especially carbon, they need inspected periodically, especailly if your missing the target every now and then!!
Old 10-02-2005, 10:05 AM

When I missed, my dad and I both thought I jerked. The guy that did it melted it on the string and I did check it before I started shooting so I dont know how it came loose.