Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Gold Tip lock nocks >

Gold Tip lock nocks

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Gold Tip lock nocks

Old 09-29-2005, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Gold Tip lock nocks

Just looking for some feedback on the GT lock nocks. My recent dozen of XTs has them installed. I've honestly not seen these before. Couldn't figure out why a dozen new arrows made a rattling sound till I saw the little allen wrench taped inside the box.

Anyway, keep em' or swap them out? They seem to shoot ok so far but I've read some negative things about them on other forums such as cracking issues.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:36 PM

Default RE: Gold Tip lock nocks

I think there junk. When you try to tighten down sometimes they crack. Its hard to get them tight enough so they don't twist without cracking. Replace them with the goldtip or easton pressfits and you'll be much better off IMO.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I'm definately replacing all of them tomorrow. I had one crack on me tonight only after about 10 shots. The thing I dislike the most about these is that there is no way to know whether you've tightened them too much or too little. The dealer told me he cranks them down as tight he can get them and he's never had problems. After having one crack on me I find that hard to believe.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:53 AM

man, i hate to say this, but goldtip stopped sending those with new arrows like 3 years ago. your new arrows have been sitting around for a very long time.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:28 PM

i agree gold tip's now has a knock called the gt nock its longer and no allen wrench

works great!!!
Old 09-30-2005, 10:24 PM

Get rid of them!
My arrows started to crack right in front of the nock. Changed out to the newer nock that are longer not another problem. The pro shop said they had a lot of problems with that style nock. It is too short and the nock will not stay square with the arrow.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys!

I replaced them all tonight with the newer GT style nocks. The ones that have the longer shaft on them. They were a pain in the bum to get installed though. Not used to such a tight fitting nock. I've used Bemans for the past 3 years and you can rotate those nocks pretty easy. On the Gold Tips I've got to use pliers to get a grip on em'.

Old 10-01-2005, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good choice on getting rid of them. A great nock to try out though is their new PIN NOCK. It makes it damn near impossible to shaft your arrow, and they work great.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:51 AM

jeramy, there is a nock installation tool. its a cheapo plastic thing that slides over the nock and has a ridge in there for the nocks groove. you just twist it in place with the tool and don't have to mangle it with pliers. i can't imagine they cost over $2. one of the arrow companies sends them with a dozen arrows but i can't remember who it is.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks John! I'll pick up one of those tools for the future. I'm still new to working with arrows. In the past I'd have just walked into the shop and told the dealer what I wanted. These days I'm trying to become more and more self sufficient. I have a goal to build a dozen arrows from scratch before the end of this year. I know that's not a challenge to some folks but for me it's something totally new.

Quick Reply: Gold Tip lock nocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.