Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 NEw bow questions >

NEw bow questions

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

NEw bow questions

Old 10-01-2005, 10:02 PM

Default RE: NEw bow questions

Ut,
If you live in Provo I would got to Cabelas and try out all you can, but before you buy I would run into Payson Sports they have Hoyt, Mathews,Diamond,Bowtech, and Reflex bows. I really respect Kevinhe will recommend but not push something on you.They do like the Switchback and the Vtech alot but if you tell them your budget they will find something to fit it.

I have gone into Jakes alot but they have a "flavor of ther Month" feel to me I went in one day and AR is the best thing ever and PSE sucks, next day PSE is the best ever and AR sucks, next day Hoyt etc. etc. etc.. They seem to recommend whatever has the highest price. Just my 2 cents. I am a little biased after a bad incident a few years ago. I took my bow into them to have new strings and cables installed. WhenI got home it just didnt feel right and shot like hell could hit the same place twice. I took it in abouta week later and the same guy who did my strings and cables looked at it and asked "who put on your strings?" I thought I would test him since he obviously didnt recognize me. I said some other shop. He then proceeded to unload saying what a horrible job they had done, it was the wrong string the cams were out of time, horrible quality ofworkmanship, and the string was a real crappy qualitystring etc. etc. etc. So I showed him my reciept from them!! for the installation of my strings and cables a week earlier. I would have loved a picture of his face when he saw that reciept.

After a short discussion I got my refund and left the shop.