Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 new arrows shoot much diffently >

new arrows shoot much diffently

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

new arrows shoot much diffently

Old 09-19-2005, 10:35 AM
Spike

Default new arrows shoot much diffently

OK, so my first mistake was not buying the exact same arrows. My question is will it be possible to use both, or did I just waste $25? I started with Beman ICS400 Carbons with standard 100gr field points. They have straight 4" duravanes. I bought some other carbons at wal-mart the other night while getting my archery tags. They didn't list the weight, but were rated for 50-60 pounds and had a slight offset helical to the right with 4" duravanes. Not sure of the exact name/brand, but they are carbon and were only $4.14 a piece.I bought6. I got some 100gr field points also. So, I get home and decide to shoot a few. My other arrows were sighted in very well from 20, 30, and 40. My shooting still needs a little practice (I've only hadmy bow for a couple months). Anyway, the new arrows shoot about 6 inches low and about 2 or so inchesto the right. Any suggestions so that I can use both sets of arrows, or did I just waste the money? If it helps, my bow is a Hoyt UltraSport 29" 53#
Old 09-19-2005, 11:02 AM

Default RE: new arrows shoot much diffently

If the two arrows have different spine and weight values then they wont fly the same.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:22 AM

Difference in spine between manufacturer's. I have some Carbon Hunter Express that shoot 1 inch high at 20 and my new GoldTip Pro Hunters shoot low and to the right about two inches in both directions. The gold tips are 5 grains heavier.

My original arrows are 350 grains
New arrows 355 grains but have a vane wrap on the back of the arrow.

Old arrows shoot a 4" Duravane, New ones shoot a 2" Blazer.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with what the others said and would like to add-

Did you cut down the wal-mart carbons? or just use them as they came?
last timeI checked they were selling them full length. A 32" arrow for a 29" draw isn't a good place to start, probably way weak at that length.

Old 09-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Typical Buck

If you bought Carbon Wolverines you got 6 "matter" stakes! I tryed them and they were useless. I shoot a Supertec with spirals so it may be my cam is too agressive but I could not get them to shoot. If you can make 'em work for you shoot me an e-mail. My son is constantly playing with his bow and set up butifhe hasn't got them out of the garage you can have them. They just don't compare to your Beemans in quality. We get what we pay for.

SF

SF
Old 09-20-2005, 05:17 AM
Spike

The Bemans and the Cheapos are the same length. Oh well..... Guess I learned my lesson. Thanks for the replys guys.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:49 AM

Hey I like the user name . In all my experiance I have found that the cheap arrows from wal-mart are a waste of time. I tried themand after a couple of hours of trying to get them to hit the broadside of a barn I gave up. They are made by CX but ......I guess even Ford made the Pinto. You will be better off sticken with quality arrows a bit more expensive but worth it.Remember you get what you pay for.Less than perfect arrows less than perfect flight.