Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 gorilla glue,,acetone or denatured alcohol >

gorilla glue,,acetone or denatured alcohol

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

gorilla glue,,acetone or denatured alcohol

Old 09-10-2005, 10:18 PM

Default gorilla glue,,acetone or denatured alcohol

woulding if any one has used gorilla glue for a vane adhesive,,ive seen it at gander mtn. back in the archery section and thought about trying it,,thought i post here and see if anyone has tryed it and like it before i bought it,,by the way i shoot alum. arrows and maybe a/c/c next year,,

and ive also been wondering which is better acetone or denatured alcohol ive heard of several people using both on this site and wonder which is better,,also have heard acetone is hard on carbon arrows,,would this be some thing i should be worried about if i decide to pick up some acetone,,does denatured alcohol have the same effects on carbon arrows as acetone does,,

one other question,,i pick up some of that ssr shaft cleaner by bohning archery at gander mtn., was wondering if anyone else has tried it and what they thought of it,,and since u have to let the shaft set in the solution if it would be hard on carbon shafts to the point that i would have to worry about falure of the shaft
Old 09-10-2005, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: gorilla glue,,acetone or denatured alcohol

I would definitely not recommend gorilla glue for vanes, it takes 24 hrs to set up completely and it expands as it dries.. Get some Goat Tuff or Bohning Fletch Tite that will dry almost immediately.

As for acetone/denature alcohol, I personally use acetone on my carbon shafts and have had no problems. I have some arrows that have been stripped and refletched 5 times and they are fine.