Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Finally Figured out my problem >

Finally Figured out my problem

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Finally Figured out my problem

Old 09-10-2005, 09:02 AM

Default RE: Finally Figured out my problem

Got my new arrows...shot it last night....same crap [:@] Im so confused, wtf is going on, It shot good with my dads arrows! I guess I will play with it some more. arrgggg

Old 09-12-2005, 11:55 AM

The website for the Luminocks says 22 grains but I weighed them and I get 32-34 grains. That is a lot of weight on the back of an arrow. A normal nock weighs about 11 grains.

Superarcher, I have some old CX300's cut to 28" that I'll let go real cheap if you think they will work.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

Do you have the rest set so the center of the arrow is 13/16" from the riser???

Does your arrow perfectly bisect the berger hole???

Is your nock and rest set so your arrow is dead level???

Have you set your Idler lean???

Nock an arrow as if you were going to shoot and draw back like you normally would....While trying to keep form, look up at the idler wheel and see if the string is tracking perfectly straight down the idler wheel....If not you are torguing the bow or you need to set Idler lean Or a combo of both.

The Switchback does seem to like weaker spined arrows....I am shooting 29" Maxima 250's and they shoot terriffic.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Browning_1

Have you set your Idler lean???

Nock an arrow as if you were going to shoot and draw back like you normally would....While trying to keep form, look up at the idler wheel and see if the string is tracking perfectly straight down the idler wheel....If not you are torguing the bow or you need to set Idler lean Or a combo of both.
how do you set idler lean. i niticed my idler leanswhile in the rested position but levels out some at full draw. its not a split limb design and i see no adjustments for this
Old 09-14-2005, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: s. il. hntr

[
how do you set idler lean. i niticed my idler leanswhile in the rested position but levels out some at full draw. its not a split limb design and i see no adjustments for this
You want the idler to be straight at full draw with the string tracking perfectly straight....In order to adjust this you needto press thebow and then twist one side of the yoke...The yoke is where the cable is split and attaches to the idlers axles.