Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Vanes hitting my TT. >

Vanes hitting my TT.

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Vanes hitting my TT.

Old 08-25-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Vanes hitting my TT.

A loooong time ago, I brought this up. I didn't get it resolved, so basically lived with it. But I don't really want to anymore so I thought I would as for help again....

For the life of me, I can't keep my vanes from making contact with my Trophy Taker. I went as far as cutting this tips off the shakey hunter V, but it still makes contact. I moved the thing in every possible configuration I can, with the pull string all different sizes. The nock has traveled up and down my string I can't even count. I have more than a few hours into making this work.

Here is my setup:
'02 Patriot
Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter rest
ST Axis 340 29" 4" Duravanes
Muzzy 3 blade 100
29" draw
70#
Loop with release
Axel to axel is exactly 1/8" longer than factory specs. It used to be right on, but has stretched. It had the same issues when it was right no too

I know the '02's have a bit more nock travel, but it is already high.

Does anyone have a basic configuration that they know works. I have had my bow into a couple of shops, and they mess it and finally say that some '02's are tricky.I am tired of myvanes slowly being destroyed and I am worried that just when I needmy bow toperform flawless, this issue causes something bad.I don't want to live with an excuse...

You Patriot guys have any closeup pics of your TT setup that I could use as reference? Any possible suggestions I might be overlooking? I would love to hear, "You need it at this angle, all the way back, nock this high, string this long, and POOF, it works!" I know that isn't going to happen, but a man can wish right?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
-C
Old 08-25-2005, 11:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Vanes hitting my TT.

Truth be told I had the same problem on either my Liberty or one of my Patriots. I cannot remember which. One possible solution would be to try to mount the rest higher than normal so that the arrow passes a bit above the rest mounting hole instead of flush with it. This may allow the launcher arm to travel past parallel.

I assume you played with different timing settings forrest.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:03 PM

Timing on the rest?? Yes, I have tried having it fall quickly or late in the cycle with the same results...although I do get to a point where the contact isn't too bad, but still there.
I haven't tried mounting the rest higher though, will take a peek at that too.
Thanks for your suggestions!
Old 08-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I gave up on my Patriot TT combo and went with a drop zone, which worked- last year. Now I'm down to a Whisker Biscuit. Just got tired of fighting all the variables involved.

From one Patriot owner to another- good luck, I wish you well.

Wanna know something terrible, the only reasonI opened this thread was to see if you were shooting an infinity cammed bow, sure enough [][&o].

Not that I wouldn't want to help, it's the answersI don't have.