Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
vanes hitting the mirage >

vanes hitting the mirage

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

vanes hitting the mirage

Old 09-23-2002, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default vanes hitting the mirage

I have installed a new mirage drop away on my legacy and the vanes appear to be hitting. I have put some mole skin on the fip up part the arrow rests on and it has orange streaks on it, the same orange as my vanes. ANy suggestions on what to do? Also will nocks on the cable do any damage. I have put a nock on the cable just above where I tied the cord so that the cord does not slip when drawing. Should I do anything else to prevent the nock from slipping or not be worried about it.
Also I am shooting a trophy ridge sight and I can not lower the sight anymore due to clearence issues with the arrow. Do I adjust my nocking point, or my peep sight location to have more room for moving the trophy ridge.
Thanks

Old 09-23-2002, 08:51 AM

Default RE: vanes hitting the mirage

Sounds like you've got some problems here. I shoot the exact combination that you do, Legacy, Mirage, Trophy Ridge and have not had the problems your having. Call Rick at Golden Key Tech support and he'll lead you thru this and get you set up. He's friendly and very helpful. 970-249-6700
Old 09-23-2002, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same problem with that rest . I ended up takeing it off and useing a muzzy zerro effect . You may fix the problem by makeing the string as long as possable so the arrow is lifted at the last posable moment at full draw . Depends on how fast your bow is . I'm sure GKF tech will chime in here soon and he will be abel to help .The other problem you speek of others have had on this board and will probably be giving you some good advice soon . I would sugest moveing your pins to a lower position and then raiseing the rest slightly . That may or may not help .

If information provided by the members of this board have helped you please let us know .
Old 09-23-2002, 09:07 AM

raise the launcher a little. and then you need to experiment a little with cord length and or position. what you want to do is finde the spot where the rest drops just in time for it to clear your vanes. I had the same problem but in a few seconds of adjusting the cord length I corrected the problem.

If you continue to have problems call Golden Key, they have great customer servic and will do everything they can to help you.

Good Luck, I am sure once you get the rest dialed in you will be amazed how well it shoots!

Old 09-23-2002, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Also when your arrow is in the up possition it should be dead center of the treaded holes for your arrow rest if its above that position you are more likely to have and arrow sight problem .

If information provided by the members of this board have helped you please let us know .
Old 09-24-2002, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

Do others have clearance problems with their trophy ridge. My sight is very close(3/4&quot to the arrow as I draw it back. Is there a way to solve this issue? Possibly a new anchor point, or moving the peep sight. Any suggestions would be great. THanks.
Old 09-24-2002, 03:10 PM

I had plenty of problems when I first set up the bow with a Drop away rest and a trophy ridge... My opinion? raise the peep sight. I think Trophy ridge recommends 5-6 inches above your nock point. YOur anchor point will change, but you will get used to in no time.
By the way... you can send the sight back with 5 bucks and they will replace the broken pins you have cut out with the arrows...
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Do others have clearance problems with their trophy ridge. My sight is very close(3/4&quot to the arrow as I draw it back. Is there a way to solve this issue? Possibly a new anchor point, or moving the peep sight. Any suggestions would be great. THanks.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 09-25-2002, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

I have raised my peep sight and and solved the clearance problem. Now I need something that is durable that I can put on the rest that flips up. Does anyone know whre I can get some of the stuff that you pain on that quiets the rest down. I have heard this works well. Thanks