Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Easton ST Axis Obsession Versus Carbon Express Edge arrow >

Easton ST Axis Obsession Versus Carbon Express Edge arrow

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Easton ST Axis Obsession Versus Carbon Express Edge arrow

Old 08-25-2005, 10:58 AM

Default RE: Easton ST Axis Obsession Versus Carbon Express Edge arrow

The 340 is a heavy arrow and it will slow you down - but it is made for penetration and not speed.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

I spun all twelve of them and I don't think there was a straight one in the bunch.
That is about the same as I have found. I have also found similar results with the AC super slims.

Personally I think Easton should stick with aluminum shafts.

I too am thinking about tinkering around with the CX Edge shafts this year. I find that Carbon Express shafts are much better on their tolerances than many other manufacturers. Hopefully this will hold true for the edge shaft.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:43 PM

I question whether or not the "new" smaller diameter shafts really promote better penetration. If you look a the Carbon Express line, the CX200 has a diameter of 0.291" while the Edge T2250 has a diameter of 0.265". That's only 0.026"! Hardly anything to get excited about. On the other hand, the CX200 shaft weighs 7.3 grains/inch while the T2250 weighs 9.3 grains/inch. I think that the better penetration is due to the heavier weight. Something that has been proven in the past. I did not post any data about the Easton arrows as their website does not show that data. [:-] If you have a broadhead that cuts a 1" or larger diameter, what will 0.026" give you?

If you are going to try one of these smaller diameter arrows, I would suggest the Carbon Express line. I feel they have closer tolerances and I have never had a problem with them.