Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Easton ST Axis or Carbon Express Maxima >

Easton ST Axis or Carbon Express Maxima

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Easton ST Axis or Carbon Express Maxima

Old 12-26-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Easton ST Axis or Carbon Express Maxima

Allright Guys here it is, i need to know your honest opinion on which is better? I have a Bowtech General and a Bowtech Tribute both at 70# and i want to know which flies the best, which is best in the NAP Quicktune Rest, and if its better with the Blazers or the 4"
Old 12-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Easton ST Axis or Carbon Express Maxima

Either arrow with proper spine and FOC will fly great. I prefer feathers and use either the new Razr feathers or 3" feathers but Blazers are a good choice

Dan
Old 12-27-2007, 09:55 AM

EASTON ST FULL METAL JACKETS AND BLAZERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2007, 07:06 PM

I reccomend the Maxima..I have shot both... The axis arrows fly good but arent durable
Old 01-06-2008, 11:32 PM

I agree with Dawn Stalker. I shoot the same setup. When I was sighting in my new sight I duffed one off thru the grass and thru a wood fence. I found them to be Very durable.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Fork Horn

Man I thought the axis arrow were more durable (haven’t shot yet) but my pro shop guy tells me he bounces them off steel pipe, bars, beams while shooting in a 2 arrow tournament. He clams the bounce off, slide back he picks them up and shoots them again. I was thinking of getting some but haven’t yet.

The way this tournament works is the place these very rigid objects in front of 3D targets so you only have a small opening and you can shoot 2 arrows until they break or will not fly anymore. He says the axis arrows hold up better then most other guys and he can score more points. But maybe he is just trying to sell me something…
Old 01-09-2008, 05:58 AM

The Axis arrow is pretty durable, thanks to it's thick wall, but IMHO, that's where their redeeming qualities end. They aren't very straight (.005) and for the money, they should be better. The maxima is .0025 straight and are't QUITE as tough as the Axis, but they're very solid thanks to the cross weave construction.

I always think of it this way......Take an arrow w/ "loose" straightness tolerances. How "loose" are the rest of the tolerances, such as spine? The maxima, and specifically the Maxima Hunter, is a FAR better arrow, IMO. They are a bit more expensive though.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

thanks for the info I will look into them!
Old 01-09-2008, 09:14 AM

Easton Epics are a great shaft and equal to the Axis in my impression so far. I have destroyed Axis arrows on a bad shoot on more than one occasion. The Maxima Hunter will hold up to the same punishment from my history over the past year. And BLAZER Rock!
Old 01-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

I have shot both and the 350 maxima is a pretty tough arrow and the tolerance is good on them 00.25 for straightness and they fly really good,if you by a dozen hand pick them instead of buying a box of 12,put them on an arrow spinner at the archery shop I think you will be shocked how many are not straight in any brand arrow out of a box,that's usally how you end up with flyers from your arrow being out of tollerance and wobilling.............Ted

Quick Reply: Easton ST Axis or Carbon Express Maxima

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.