Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Too much spine possible? >

Too much spine possible?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Too much spine possible?

Old 08-20-2005, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Too much spine possible?

Not sure what this means to anyone else but me. I have the same 2004 Darton Tundra as Bobco. I shoot @ 29.5" draw, 61# and a loop. Last year, I was shooting 3-60 ACCs (28.5") which are most likely overspined. They shot great with broadheads. This year, I inherited some even stiffer arrows, Carbon Tech Cheetah 55-80s which are supposed to be just coming into their spine range @ 75# with my draw and arrow length. I somehow am shooting as well with this combo as any arrow I have used. Broadheads have been hitting right on with field points, and grouping as well as I can shoot. I was actually thinking about selling these arrows, and getting ones that were spined for the bow, but the way they have shot for me, I just can't see the point. I guess the only thing to take from this is that you don't really know how arrows, or bows for that matter, are going to work for you until you try them.