Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Beman ICS Hunters >

Beman ICS Hunters

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Beman ICS Hunters

Old 09-30-2002, 09:56 PM

Default RE: Beman ICS Hunters

Pinwheel 12,

I found out this summer about the super nocks becoming loose over time. Recently, one of my nocks flew off mid-flight after shooting it all summer. (I bought the dozen this spring with my new bow). Little minor adjustments seem to take their toll on the interior of the carbon shafts and they do get sloppy after you've twisted them around a few times. Especially after refletching them, realigning the nocks...etc. Splintering or cracking would be my next worry.

I'm almost half way through my first dozen ICS black Hunters and will probably buy a dozen new ICS Camo Hunters shafts next spring to try them out. I would like to try the G nocks at your suggestion and need to know if I should get the ACC 3-60 for either the 400 ICS Black Hunters or the 400 ICS Camo Hunter's? How does the sizing work with these inserts and the Beman carbons? Given my experience, this seems like a great idea. Do the bushings and G nocks change the FOC of the arrow in any dramatic way?

Thanks for your help.

Old 10-01-2002, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fellows, one thing to remember about the ICS and other AC shafts. When you cut them down for your length it is recommended that you cut an equal amount from both ends prior to fletching. It seems that they are not as straight as we'd like to see and most of the bend is at the ends. Personally, after using them for 2+ years I'm going back to ACC's after hunting season. Just better tolerances. And I can tell a difference in the grouping ability.

Old 10-02-2002, 04:25 AM
Typical Buck

Chipshot-

Yes, 3-60 bushings fit both, tho they do fit the black hunters a litle better than the camo hunters due to the extra wrap on the camo hunters. I have had no problems with either setup however, I'm currently shooting the camo hunters for hunting and they are working problem free. I use a good two-part epoxy to such components on any all-carbons. FOC isn't a problem, the "G" nock is lighter than the Supernock, (7grains versus 13) and the weight of the bushing is miniscule, (around 8 or 9 grains) so at most you'd have a 3 or 4 grain difference. Not a problem. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12