Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Twister Troubles >

Twister Troubles

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Twister Troubles

Old 08-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default Twister Troubles

Has anyone had trouble with the safari twister?

I put one on my bow this summer, started shooting it and liked it, dispite the fact it was a little noisy. However, the more I shot it the more inaccurate it became. Come to find out, theprong portion of the rest had moved inside the plastic bushing that holds it in place. Once I figured this out, I was able to move it back into a more neutral position. Now my concern is that it will continue to move.

Old 08-10-2005, 02:23 PM

Default RE: Twister Troubles

I shot the ultimate twister last year with great results! When I bought my new APA Taipan, I got a new Safari twister with it. I do not like it, it is noisey, and there is significant play in the connections. I removed it and replaced it with a Cobra Diamond back which has turned out to be a good solid rest so far. When I bought the bow and rest, Al suggested the non twisting style rest because of the noise levels, I guess if the manufacturer suggests something, you should listen!
Old 08-12-2005, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

I finally got in touch with the company regarding my twister troubles. They were not able to give me a solutionon the noise issue but did resolve the other troubles I was having.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot an APA Twister Safari SL. Nothing moves around, its totally silent. You must have a defective one.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Twister Safari on my Allegiance and couldn't be happier. Very quiet and very accurate. I think there may be something wrong with yours as I have nothing but good things to say about the rest.

There is one thing I had to do with mine upon putting it on my bow. There was a little slop side to side with the rest. Loosen up the screw that holds the activater arm where the rope goes through and squeeze everything together and retighten. This cured that issue and it works beautifully.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

For those of you that shoot a safari twister. I am getting feather contact on one side of the cradle. My center shot is centered. Is this contact from a timing issue? Twisting out of the way to fast or not fast enough? Or do I need to readjust the center shot?
Old 08-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you paper tuned yet ? That might answer your question quickly.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know this is going to sound like a stupid question, but do you have your nocks turned so that your fletch is lined up cock feather down and perfectly into the corners of the cage?
If they are you have a tuning issue or you do not have the arrow centered perfectly within the cage at full draw height. On some bows to achieve this you actually have to tilt the entire mounting bracket slightly. DOn't just assume a level mount is giving you a perfectly centered arrow at full draw.
I have yet to see a fletch style that will not make it through without contact when set up properly.

If everything is ok with respect to arrow position within the cage then you have a tuning issue most likely to do with center shot.