Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 ? about eliminator buttons >

? about eliminator buttons

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

? about eliminator buttons

Old 08-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default ? about eliminator buttons

You know those little rubber barrel loking thing that you snug up against the arrow to avoid arrow pinch. Well according to the bow speed formula you lose 4-5 fps for each accessory. Well when my shop set up my bow hae always adds 3-4 extra cushions on the string. In all the years I have only lost1 maybe 2. To gain more speed should I take them off or leave them and don't worry about them. Since their rubber I thought if anything they may help in dampining some vibration. Any comments or feed back?.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:53 PM

Default RE: ? about eliminator buttons

Always keep the extras at the bottom of your string. Even if they didnt help in sound absorption, and speed I would leave them. They could be very important, should your current button break or wear out during the season.

Fortunately for you, they can actually speed a bow up if placed properly. Weight at the ends of the strings CAN add speed. Sameas shrinkwrapping brass nocks at the end of a string. Check it through a chrono if you really want to know, and you can play with the positioning till they add or lose minimal speed.

Also, being they are rubber, they may absorb some sound, but I have no proof of that.