Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
MZE or other drop away rests? >

MZE or other drop away rests?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

MZE or other drop away rests?

Old 09-24-2002, 09:11 PM

Default MZE or other drop away rests?

I'm intersted in this style rest and was wondering if the MZE is compatable with my Mathews Legacy. It seems from the pics I've seen that it attaches to the cable guard. Since the legacy doesn't have a cable guard I was wondering if it would still work. Also, are there any other simpler drop away rests that are of good quality. Thanks in advance!
-Rob
Old 09-24-2002, 10:45 PM

Default RE: MZE or other drop away rests?

MZE is a good rest, I'm not sure if you can use it on the Legacy or not , probably not. I find my Trophy Taker is the best rest I have bought and well worth the money. Good luck with your decision and good hunting.
Old 09-24-2002, 11:05 PM

No, you can't use the Muzzy Drop-Away with the legacy. The rest uses the upper cable guard slide to raise the rest when drawn. Without a cable guard to put the muzzy slide onto it wont work.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:33 AM

I have the trophytaker rest on my Legacy and works great. I used it all 3d season. Give me a email and I will send you a picture. Easy ans accuate.
Old 09-25-2002, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion, there are only two rest that are the best in the drop away class. The Muzzy Zero Effect, and the NAP Quicktune 2k and 4k. I have the Quicktune 4k on my Cybertec and love it. It comes with an additional arrow holder that sticks fast to the riser and really does a nice job. Plus, the rest works flawlessly and is very tough. I like this rest, and definitly recommend it. But don't forget the Muzzy, its also excellent.
Old 09-25-2002, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

The muzzy will not work on your bow its a shame to as its an awsome rest , maybe muzzy will make an adapter or rest that does work on the legacy-icon in the futcher . I think a trophy taker is your best bet .

If information provided by the members of this board have helped you please let us know .
Old 09-25-2002, 07:08 AM

There is a version of the ZE in development for the Mathews roller guards. I handled a prototype back in July or so. The design involves replacing one of the pulleys with one supplied by Muzzy, which has an extension that actuates the rest.

You might want to call Eric Stringer at Muzzy (770-387-9300) and ask how close the rest is to being available to the public.
Old 09-25-2002, 07:09 AM

Fellows forget about the worry of wheather muzzy has developed a rest for the legacy. It has happened, proto-types have been made and are working great. We are looking forward to introducing this fabulous rest at the begining of 2003.
Old 09-25-2002, 11:15 AM

The best fall away I have seen for the legacy & icon is the golden key mirage. great rest, half the price, works better, and is easier to setup. It's a win win situation for a Legacy shooter.

Good Hunting!
Old 09-25-2002, 07:46 PM

I'd recommend the TrophyTaker if you can't do the MZE...

Aim small miss small