Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drop away rests

Old 03-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Spike

Default Drop away rests

Hi guys. Just purchased a Hoyt XTEC, abd was wanting to put a drop away rest on it. Everyone says the Muzzy "zero effect' is the eway to go. I have also looked at the NAP Quicktune, and a Trophy Taker. I am asking for some input from you guys. I have never used a drop away rest before. I have been using the old T M Hunter for years. Thanks for your input.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:34 PM

Default RE: Drop away rests

I have used the Quick Tune before,and am currently using the MZE now.You won't go wrong with either one
Old 03-28-2006, 01:58 PM

I currently have the Quicktune 2000 and have no reason to buy another rest.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:09 PM

ORIGINAL: newman1

I have used the Quick Tune before,and am currently using the MZE now.You won't go wrong with either one
YAHDA, YAHDA, YAHDA!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

RipCord Drop Away for me
Old 03-28-2006, 03:32 PM

Trophy Ridge Drop Zone. Shoot one, you'll see.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

how much do drop away rests cost? im thinkin i might wanna look into gettin one.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:44 PM
Dominant Buck

MUZZY ZERO!!! I've had mine for about 5 years. It just keeps ticking.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

Muzzy is the best drop away rest of all.It may look complicated but is really simple. I wouldn't trust any other ,not to mention just look how this rest cradles the arrow,add a little mole skin and you have quiet, flawless, rock solid, extreemly simple rest to tune.If I ever buy another bow you can bet a MZE will be added to it.I have one on my hoyt razer tech,and have put them on a couple mathews bows for friends.Hey BTW you can also use the skinny arrows with the MZE also.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Dominant Buck

I shoot a quick tune on my back up bow and a zerro effect on my primary bow. I love the zerro effect and will never switch. Its very easy to set up and tune, but is also very difficult to screw up once it is on. Once it is on, its there and tuned untill you decide to screw with it. It also very difficult for the arrow to fall off the rest. Actually impossible, unless you are shooting while standing on your head. I have had my quick tune's cable come lose causing me to have to pass up a very nice buck one year. I drew the bow and noticed my rest was not raised high enough. When I checked it out, my cable had come lose. Other than that, its a good rest as well.

Quick Reply: Drop away rests

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.