Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Arrow spine for the Allegiance >

Arrow spine for the Allegiance

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow spine for the Allegiance

Old 07-19-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Arrow spine for the Allegiance

We just go my son a new Allegiance. He is shooting 47#'s with a 24" draw and 24" Goldtip Entrada 600's with 85 grain point. We are having a hard time getting it tuned. The arrows are fishtailing. Do you think it is too stiff for his setup? He's shooting Blazer vanes with as much helical as I can get and using a Cobra Diamondback arrow rest. Any suggestions would be much appreciated
Old 07-20-2005, 01:56 PM

Default RE: Arrow spine for the Allegiance

You might be a little overspined, I think you are on the edge according to the chart, but that allegiance should make up a little difference too as hard as it shoots........

I would think form. Are you paper tuning? Who is shooting the bow? If your son is shooting the bow he is probably torqueing it and you may have to live with a little wobble until he gets comfortable and his form gets better, then go back to paper tuning. Also, maybe you're making too large of adjustments moving the rest while tuning? Thats about all I can come up with...
Old 07-20-2005, 05:32 PM

Thanks. I appreciate it. He is shooting the bow. We did get onebullet hole through paper and the others were tearing nock left. I assume the teares were from torqing. We have gotten three arrows to fly good and a couple of others are still fishtailing. I am going to play with nock rotation tonight. After looking at them last night I think they are rotated a little and getting some contact. Thanks again.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Make sure he is not squeezing the grip too much. It sounds like a form problem to me. Watch him when he shoots!