Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Dropzone Noise

Old 06-16-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Dropzone Noise

To whoever uses a Dropzone arrow rest, do you have alot of noise from the launcher when the bow is fired. The bow is silent without the rest so I did at least eliminate that possibility. Is this something that can be fixed or something I'll have to live with?
Old 06-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dropzone Noise

Mine is silent.............
Old 06-16-2005, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't have any noise from either of mine. You might want to call Trophy Ridge and see if they have heard of this issue.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:35 PM

There were some posts on this topica couple of months back.I bought a bow that came with a DZ on it and was getting some noise. Some members have said that the launcher arm makes noise when it falls into the housing, one person had posted pictures of his fix, he had placed a cushion at the bottom of the housing for the arm to fall on. It did require taking the rest apart though. Try doing a search on DZ or Dropzone and see what you find. Hope this helps
Old 06-16-2005, 10:01 PM

here's a website a guy made with the fix:
http://www.deerslayer.freewebspace.com/dropzone.html

another possibility is the screws on top and bottom of the launcher arm assembly may need a little tightening. but if you overtighten you can damage the teflon tubes inside. something that also causes noise is if those teflon tubes are damaged. if they are TR will send you some new ones pronto. the screws on top and bottom i mentioned seemed to loosen up on me so when i did the fix from the website i put a little threadlock on bottom of the super long screws that go from top to bottom of the launcher arm assembly. it's quiet now. also, i've noticed that when center shot is set properly for my shooting form and i have proper vane clearance its a lot quieter than when its off.
oop, oh yeah, i have the one with the dampeners over the mounting bolt, and i put a piece of felt under the dampeners so the metal disks in them wouldn't vibrate against the mounting bolt.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

First question, is it a new dropzone?? I have had mine for a couple of years now and so far virtually bulletproof. The only problem I had was this spring it started making a chattering noise and loud too. I took it apart and found one of the little rubber o rings was broken. Called up TRidge and they had two new teflon tubes and two new o rings sent to me no questions asked. I replaced only the one o ring and now this thing is quiet again.I did put a light coat of vaseline in there also to keep the o rings from drying out. Works great!!!

If you take it apart make sure you put the two smaller screws in the side first and then the longer ones from the top. If you dont you can mess up the teflon tubes.

Chris
Old 06-19-2005, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

Sometimes the Dz's make a slight "tink" ti comes from the arm bottoming out , the feller abover refrenced Deerslayler's websight,, Breck is a hunting buddy of mine.. all you do is take you rest apart and place a small peice of rubber off of a old limbsaver and superglue it in place...it works great.. the key word is SMALL peice
Old 06-20-2005, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

Make sure you do the 1/4 to 3/8 inch piece or it will not work. I put mine in and made it too short and still had the tink. Lengthen it up a bit and works great!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 08:04 AM

It's a new rest. I called TR and their sending me new components. thanks
Old 06-20-2005, 08:34 AM

if you handle it like uphunter says, exactly, specially the part about which screws to tighten first when following the website, you'll be just perfect.