Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Patriot top heavy >

Patriot top heavy

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Patriot top heavy

Old 09-20-2002, 08:38 PM

Default Patriot top heavy

Why is the patriot built so top heavy. I was considering buying one until I actually picked it up. Would a stabilizer on the front make it even worse?
Old 09-20-2002, 09:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Patriot top heavy

Billy

I have a Doinker chubby hunter in the rear hole on my Pat.
It makes it balance out perfectly.
If the dealer is willing to set one up for you to shoot you will see how well it does balance out with the stabilizer in the back.
Old 09-20-2002, 11:23 PM

I agree! I hang a 6oz weight on the inside of the lower riser and it balances and shoots great. A little more weight in your hand makes for a steadier shot anyway!
Old 09-20-2002, 11:56 PM

I know I'll sound like a broken record but shooting the bow without the grip really changes it's personality and helps move the weight back. I shoot with a Toxonics Recoilless stab in the back and it helps balance the bow better. The amount of reflex in the riser along with the length of the riser is responsible for the weight forward feeling. I don't seem to notice this anymore while shooting. I do take note every time I shoot that there is almost no recoil, just something I haven't seemed to get over. It's like I'm forgetting to do something.
Old 09-21-2002, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

My patriot is setup with an enhancer 2000 in the back hole and 1 of the smaller units in front that you get when you purchace the 3 unit stabilizer from simms it works very well and ballences nice .

If information provided by the members of this board have helped you please let us know .
Old 09-22-2002, 07:49 PM

I've got a SVL moduler on my PAT as well - 2 weights & the 'bar' in the back, and just a SVL stabilizer silencer on the front (no weight, just rubber) to hold the wrist sling on...

The one comment I do have on this is that next summer I'll have to take them off because NFAA says you can't have anything on the back in bowhunter...

Aim small miss small
Old 09-23-2002, 06:50 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]