Technical Help Post your technical questions here, such as those pertaining to posting, replying, images, etc. DO NOT POST HUNTING QUESTIONS HERE!!!!

pics

Old 01-29-2006, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default pics

how do you make your pics small enough to put in a post? as soon as i find out i want to post this pic of a deer

help please
Old 01-29-2006, 10:53 AM

Default RE: pics

Use a photo editing program to resize your pictures. I use a free program called Irfan View that resamples pictures and does basic editing. The program that came with your digital camera should be able to do it as well.

Some image hosting sights will do it automatically as well I think.

In order to post a pic you need to first upload to the internet using an image hosting site or your own web space if you have it. Many internet accounts offer free web space with the account. This is what I use. I have a comcast cable modem and it comes with free web space and a way to make a simple website. I use this to host all my own pics instead of relying on a larger sight that may not work some of the time.

Then when you get them on the internet you can link to them using the Image icon in the reply to Message menu. (yellow square with a pic of mountain on the far right above where you type the text. Just copy and past your image location.)

Paul