Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 First heads of career out the door >

First heads of career out the door

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

First heads of career out the door

Old 02-16-2009, 05:39 AM

Default RE: First heads of career out the door

I have seen alot of taxidermy work, I cant drive by a taxidermist shop without stopping and checking out the work. I have seen alot of bad work but yours is definetly very good and most importantly very life like. Good job, you are very talented and if you were in Texas you would be getting my work.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Bobcat. Justput 3 moreon formsthis weekend and a fisher (my first full body) and have one headto do wed. I'll get some pics posted tom or maybe wed. O the one buck is a Net typ 12pt 182"s that I remounted.

gsp- Workin on makin it my main career so we'll see. Got a couple shows in march to attend and hopefully 09 will be keep me busy. WCL
Old 02-17-2009, 03:39 AM
Fork Horn

Very nice wish I would have seen this a month ago, That fisher sounds interesting, I have 2 in my woods (Fremont Wi.) and have a trap out. I got a mink yesterday and it is worthless, buyer says minks cannot be given away.
Maybe if I get a fisher (yes I have tag)?
Redclub
Old 02-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I'll post some pics in a bit of the fisher. I think the warden will be visiting me tonight as well to make sure the fisher is legal (mount is tagged). My best friend (who got the fisher and traps with me), well his buddy who trapped with us a lil bit this year got a fisher in a coon set and didnt call thewardento come get it on an accidental catch and we thought he did. Well last night I guess the warden paid him a visit and he was busted, he had it in his freezer. We thought he gave it to the dnr but apparently not. All I can say is what an idiot. Havent heard what is going to happen to him. O he is alsoin the law enforcementacademy right nowso I havent heard nor do we know if he is going to get kicked outta the academy yet so we'll see. WCL
Old 02-23-2009, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the basic shape is pretty good, but you need a little heavier upper brow for the age of those deer and the eyes are just a bit too far wide open for my taste, but your customers will be very happy I believe.
I like them.