Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 First heads of career out the door >

First heads of career out the door

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

First heads of career out the door

Old 01-23-2009, 03:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: First heads of career out the door

Look great to me... I would be a satisfied customer...
Nice job.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Please what I take as a helpful hint not as critical. If you will notice in the side picture of the deer, the eyes are more smooth and rounded not quite so square and hard edge. The eye is actually rounded on the back "corner". The eyelashes usually cover the eye at around a 45 degree angle. As others and myself have said, for your seventh mount you are well on your way.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see now. Thanks.......

2 Lunger yeah they really are my first 7 mounts. Hereare the first two I did. The first one my uncle coached me on and helped show me what to do getting me started on areas and then tellin me what to change after i did it and then watched him dowhateverdeer he was doing at the same time so I knew what to do. The second one I did on my own only with him telling me when something didnt look right and reminding me of steps when In forgot.

Englum 06 thanks and wish I could take your work too. I have 6 more to go now and the fox and fisher and have two expos in march so hopefully next season I'll have a good number to keep get myself rollin.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

You def. are on the right road. Better than most "beginners". You must have some artistic talents. If you have any questions, please let me know. Remember, from here on out, everything is just a bigger or smaller deer. I just took in a buffalo, 2 elk and a few deer. The buffalo is just a big black deer. A little different in a few areas but with good reference, just another big deer. Good luck and keep posting your work.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haha yeah I'm a very artistic person and very anal about things like that. Yeah when I did the first couple at my uncles shop i think he was gettin impaitent with how long i was taking cuz I wanted them to look perfect, haha. Took about 20-25hrs a piece with tanning but now im more comfortable and getting fast with every mount so down to around 13-14 hrs each including tanning. Mygf gets annoyed with my pickyness alotexcept when it comes to workin on mounts then she loves it. Yeah I cant wait to get some other heads to do. should hopefully have some elk to do this year if me or guys I know do good so we'll see. Thats what my uncle said too when I asked him about doin the fisher just said its no different than doin a deer just species looks and form prep. Can't wait to get workin on that and the fox. I'll post em when I do. thanks. WCL
Old 01-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

you do a really nice job. those are great looking mounts
Old 02-14-2009, 12:29 PM

I think your work looks great. Wish you success with your taxi shop.
MM
Old 02-14-2009, 01:05 PM

Very nice mounts ! You do have good attention to detail. You are well on your way now.
What does a shoulder mount go for in your shop ? Moose
Old 02-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks. Well this year I did em really cheap cuz I needed the practice and to let some people know that I was starting to do them for people. For 2009 I'll prolly be around $400. Still cheap but figured a good price for my second year, I dunno. WCL
Old 02-15-2009, 05:59 PM

Keep up the great work. Hopefully it will be a lifelong hobby.

Quick Reply: First heads of career out the door

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.