Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
 who needs speed for 3-d >

who needs speed for 3-d

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

who needs speed for 3-d

Old 08-29-2008, 12:38 AM

Default RE: who needs speed for 3-d

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

I'm going to a 'hunters'3D shoot this weekend. I'm shooting a smoking 204 fps.

I'm gunning for, oh... 150 points.

Betcha you'll do better
Old 08-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

Todd i was going to call you before last Sunday to see if you wanted to go to blackhawks last shoot of the season but i had things come up [:@]I did make the one before that. nice club!! as you told me before.
Yes,that is one of the nicest clubs around.That course would have been a little tougher on my slow rig for sure.

I went to another club and it was a little tougher and my yardage started out HORRIBLE.They started me out withthat little freaking Rinehart bear which I misjudged by 3 yards and shot a 5.Then a goat I misjudged by 5 or 6 and got another 5.[:'(]Already 10 down on 2 targets.[],then I got rolling and got dialed in,shot a few 11's.

Then off to the 2nd half,wasn't shooting great but catching 10's.Fatique was setting in from spending all day before at the Ky state fair watching my daughter dance.Then about half way through,they had a freaking Delta Turkey with a rear shot that was DRAWN IN with a marker.[&:]The 8 ring was about the size of a normal 10.This target fooled me.I was thinking 30 yards and it was about 27,well,that is a 5 that should have been an 8.

I shot a 283 with (3) 5's so yardage killed me,not speed(along with some fatigue).The BEST I could have hoped for shooting at 280 fps was catching an 8 on those 3 targets and that would put me 9 points better.That would be a 292.That looks better and sounds better but still ain't gonna get it done.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good shooting bud!! When i did black hawk it was late in the day and most were done shooting. There were only two left in the field when i left and i was pulling a strong third at the time just barely being edged out of second. not sure how it ended up.
ORIGINAL: TFOX

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

Todd i was going to call you before last Sunday to see if you wanted to go to blackhawks last shoot of the season but i had things come up [:@]I did make the one before that. nice club!! as you told me before.
Yes,that is one of the nicest clubs around.That course would have been a little tougher on my slow rig for sure.

I went to another club and it was a little tougher and my yardage started out HORRIBLE.They started me out withthat little freaking Rinehart bear which I misjudged by 3 yards and shot a 5.Then a goat I misjudged by 5 or 6 and got another 5.[:'(]Already 10 down on 2 targets.[],then I got rolling and got dialed in,shot a few 11's.

Then off to the 2nd half,wasn't shooting great but catching 10's.Fatique was setting in from spending all day before at the Ky state fair watching my daughter dance.Then about half way through,they had a freaking Delta Turkey with a rear shot that was DRAWN IN with a marker.[&:]The 8 ring was about the size of a normal 10.This target fooled me.I was thinking 30 yards and it was about 27,well,that is a 5 that should have been an 8.

I shot a 283 with (3) 5's so yardage killed me,not speed(along with some fatigue).The BEST I could have hoped for shooting at 280 fps was catching an 8 on those 3 targets and that would put me 9 points better.That would be a 292.That looks better and sounds better but still ain't gonna get it done.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

I'm going to a 'hunters'3D shoot this weekend. I'm shooting a smoking 204 fps.

I'm gunning for, oh... 150 points.

Betcha you'll do better
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I actually got a 267.

You guys/gals that shoot 3d courses seriously have my respect. I just don't have the concentration/focus needed. [&o]