Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

HOLD

Old 03-14-2008, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default HOLD

Where do you guys typically settle your pin in on a target - Mine typically winds up about 6 o'clock low in the spot I want to hit - This typically means if I put my pin dead on the spot I am little high or will hit the top of the spot

Good example is a five spot - I typically Hold below the X where the blue and white meet and squeeze through the shot - what are your tactics
Old 03-14-2008, 07:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: HOLD

I rarely ever put my pin where I want my arrow to hit.

I know that sounds funny.....but I typically aim for a spot high or low of the center of the 10 ring.....and shoot the correlative pin for that distance. In essence....I'm gap shooting. But....I don't focus on the gap. I use the pin and aim either high or low.

Semantics. I'd rather aim with a pin than with a gap.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

I concentrate on the spot if at known yardages and bury my pin on that spot, again concentrating on the spot be it a nock, hole, shade, light whatever. I concentrate the spot and float the pin.

If I'm gapping for mid ranges I still concentrate on that exact spot on the target and float the pins, one high one low usually using the low pin floating it below my intended mark.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

As illustrated in your group in the bowhunting forum Rob were your pins settled on the center of the target or floating while concentraing on your release and focusing on the spot - If i shot a similiar target at 20,30,40, 50- my pins would have been 5-6 o'clock -

I sue a similiar method on 3-d's Jeff prefer to lock into a spot high or low in the 10 ring

Just curious cause it seems impossible to hold the pin on an exact spot target wise - but I was shooting today and once again my pin locks in around 6'oclock