Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Couldn't hold it, had to go

Old 10-17-2005, 10:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default Couldn't hold it, had to go

Three weeks to go till gun season, and I don't bow hunt. Wanting to get out in the woods, I went this morning and sat in an existing stand that hasn't been hunted in a while, to see what came by. I plan on hunting it opening weekend. Well wouldn't you know it, I forgot to put my pee-bottle in my pack, and had my allotment of coffee earlier. I held out as long as I could, then got down and made a hole with my boot, peed,thencovered it with dirt. Back in the stand, mad at myself, I then got down and sprayed the area with scent killer. How much damage did I do?
Old 10-18-2005, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Couldn't hold it, had to go

Saturday morning I was hunting my ground blind and had to pee. I walked about 20yards away from my blind and peed.Afterabour forty five minutesI walked over to get my brother in law and scouted his area for awhile. I left myquiver and other items so we had to go back. Well as sooon as we got to thirty yards of my ground blind four does popped up and ran. They bedded down right where I had peed and hour and half earlier! I was shocked!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Many folks pee on their mock scrapes , or off their stands , and it doesn't hurt a bit . I've seen deer sniff where I've peed before and not once did they spook .
Old 10-18-2005, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I’ve never had any problems doing my #1 not far from where I hunt and have been very successful on a number of occasions.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

i dont think it hurts much either.......cant say for sure....but i dont care....and im not peeing in every water bottle i empty!! i drink alot......and eat alot.......only way i can sit there.......i think i went 3 times before noon on saturday......i just stand up and go to the side of the tree i sit by lol........if i think deer might be in the area ill just get on my knees and crawl over a foot or 2 and go......
Old 10-18-2005, 06:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Lots of folks pee right off of their ladder stands and say it doesn't make any difference. Some claim it will actually attract deer. I don't know for sure.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:46 AM

Lastyear i was bowhunting and my eyeballs started to float, so i stood up and just let er fly in the wind. Sit down and about 20 min later 2 does came walking out about 55 yards or so away and stopped, looking my direction, then darted off. I don't know if it was my pee or they seen me or smelled me, i try not to pee out of the stand if i can help it.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:55 AM

I know this sounds strange...but I crapped from my stand last weekend and shot a buck within 10 -15 minutes later. Couldnt holde it any longer an went ahead and layed down some pooh. No worries
Old 10-18-2005, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pintoshot

I know this sounds strange...but I crapped from my stand last weekend and shot a buck within 10 -15 minutes later. Couldnt holde it any longer an went ahead and layed down some pooh. No worries
like right out of a tree stand? I would HATE to walk upon that sight while hunting [:'(]
Old 10-18-2005, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

would be a pretty funny sight

Quick Reply: Couldn't hold it, had to go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.