Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

names for coonhounds

Old 12-30-2004, 11:52 PM

Default names for coonhounds

how do those grand nite champs get their names theyve always got 4 or 5 of them tacked on does it have to go through a bloodline or do they just give the dogs that many from the start
and what r some good names for my new walker pups
Old 12-31-2004, 02:23 PM

Default RE: names for coonhounds

These names are their registered names, which can be whatever you want it to be. Usually these dogs go by some short name that is clear to hear in the woods. For example, my mountain cur squirrel dog's registered name is Ole Remington Classic, but I call him Rem, and that is the name he knows. I chose to name my dog after a gun, but you can do whatever you want....like if their is a creek next to your house called Snake Creek, name your dog Snake Creek's Bear or Snake Creek's Bubba or Snake Creek's Sally. Make sense? It is just for the registry. Now some of these dogs get to ad Nite Ch or whatever else to their names, but that is only for competition dogs.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:37 PM

Default RE: names for coonhounds

thanks SWOSUMIKE that helped me out alot